Yes
37%
 37%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 16

tetsabb
51155.  Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:21 am Reply with quote

dr.bob wrote:
tetsabb wrote:
That has had me chuckling for ages, especially some of the comments and queries! Is it me, or did some folk take it seriously?

I dont think anyone took it seriously, but they could see the comic potential in making it look like a completely serious document.

There was another suggestion for transmission of information that absolutely had to be delivered no matter what. I think it involved a fleet of tanks with 1's and 0's painted on the sides.

I'm not sure what happened to that one though.

Maybe they are still en route....

bobofel
51407.  Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:04 am Reply with quote

What if they get out of order or one gets shot?

mckeonj
51664.  Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:11 pm Reply with quote

dr.bob wrote:

There was another suggestion for transmission of information that absolutely had to be delivered no matter what. I think it involved a fleet of tanks with 1's and 0's painted on the sides.

Funny you should say that. When I was in the Home Guard (it's true, the HG was re-mustered in about 1954, during the Cold War), we were instructed in methods of transmitting information secretly in enemy occupied territory, with disguised post boxes and the like, one of these involved a householder pinning out washing to dry on the clothes-line, the sequence of white and non-white items spelling out a morse-coded message to the watchers in the hills. I kid you not.

tetsabb
51678.  Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:47 pm Reply with quote

Greying underwear or the wrong soap powder could have led to all kinds of miscommunication.

bobofel
51798.  Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:44 am Reply with quote

Its amazing how subtle communications can be. I saw a film where the arm a backpack was worn on decided a man's death.

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2