View previous topic | View next topic

Kiwi Fruit

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Bondee
948446.  Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:35 pm Reply with quote

One of the nurses stabbed her with a fork.

MinervaMoon
948484.  Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:25 pm Reply with quote

Ah hah, very funny. It was standard laparoscopy, not keyhole. One incision in the umbilicus and three across the upper abdomen for instruments and camera. Gallbladder was pulled out of the umbilicus. They didn't let me keep any of the stones. :(

suze
948584.  Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:57 am Reply with quote

They what!?!? The US healthcare system being what it is, aren't your gallstones (and indeed, your excised gall bladder) your property?

I seem to recall that Bill Shatner sold his kidney stones for quite a lot of money after he had them removed. Some people will buy anything if it's connected with their favourite celebrity ...

djgordy
948610.  Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:02 pm Reply with quote

To be fair, his kidney stones were probably better actors than he was.

tetsabb
948619.  Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:20 pm Reply with quote

Hope it all went well, Minerva.
After my Better Half had hers done, we discovered Hellmans Extra Light mayo -- much nicer than the regular or 'low fat' variants.

'yorz
948625.  Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:30 pm Reply with quote

Ah - just remembered - a few weeks ago I went with a few friends to an Italian restaurant; had a spaghetti carbonara with bits of bacon and a 'light sauce'. That sauce had completely cemented the pasta into one dense clump. I knew it wasn't good, but as the conversation flowed, I kept picking at it and in the end realised I had eaten most of it.
One hour after returning home..... yup.
So I still make mistakes, even after all that time.

MinervaMoon
948627.  Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:40 pm Reply with quote

suze wrote:
They what!?!? The US healthcare system being what it is, aren't your gallstones (and indeed, your excised gall bladder) your property?

Something about diseases and contamination. I didn't argue. I already got them to concede cutting me in a spot they didn't usually cut because I wanted to save the pristineness of my belly button.

Efros
948630.  Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:55 pm Reply with quote

'yorz wrote:
I've lived without a gallbladder since 1992, and never thought anything of eating kiwis, sometimes 3 or 4 on the trot.
No reflux or other botherings.

Re gallbladder outing: I was warned about eating fatty stuff like ice creams, cream in general etc. In the beginning I regurgitated a lot when eating such matters, but for many years I didn't have a problem at all. Can eat everything if the quantity remains within reason.

My wife has issues if something is overly greasy, spicy or both, pepperoni on a pizza, or Mexican food in general. She had her gall bladder removed as an emergency case in her mid 20s, the scar is not laparascopic!

Prof Wind Up Merchant
948768.  Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:09 pm Reply with quote

Hope you are ok MinervaMoon.

MinervaMoon
948811.  Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:53 pm Reply with quote

Thanks, PWUM (and tetsabb and 'yorz and anyone else who has given well wishes). I am sore, but yesterday I was REALLY sore, and shuffling around like a pathetic person, and getting up from a lying down position awkwardly by rolling over and pushing up with my forehead while someone grabbed my shoulders from behind. That's not to speak about the time I got hiccups (ow), and the time I got nauseated and expelled my innards in the bathtub. *shakes fist at Vicodin*

tetsabb
949140.  Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:51 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
*shakes fist at Vicodin*

You're not under Dr G House, by any chance, are you?

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2