View previous topic | View next topic

Series J, Episode 6: Joints

Page 6 of 6
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

djgordy
947609.  Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:25 am Reply with quote

eggshaped wrote:
re chinstrap penguins, it's not a chin in the strictest sense of the word:

I was using it in the unstrict sense of the word in order to blag a badge. Also, the term "strictest sense of the word" did not appear in your original offer!

alai
947678.  Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:21 pm Reply with quote

Celebaelin wrote:
So while most cats may not normally have chins acromegalic (Mandibular prognathic) cats (Persians), and indeed some dog breeds, do. Where's my badge?

I didn't know that feline acromegaly was a thing. I imagine a handy diagnostic tip would be that if you [s]own[/s] staff for a decent-sized Maine Coon, if your neighbours are cowering indoors and urgently phoning the cryptozoologists.

Celebaelin
947741.  Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:00 am Reply with quote

I say I say I say my cat's got no chin.
Your cat's got no chin? How's its Jay Leno impersonation?
Surprisingly good.

14-11-2014
1169932.  Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:33 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
Loved the baby Strandbeest!

I hadn't realized how minimal the range of building materials was - as I recall, little more than plastic tubes and plastic bottles form all the structure, joints and mechanisms.

Little more: the engine, its sails. The performance also is minimal. During the winter the animals will migrate, for example, on top of a car. If the construction could detect QI's water, then it wouldn't have to count steps and the engineer wouldn't have to live near the beach to rescue his animals. Nevertheless, since QI was broadcasted, one of the evolution efforts was to try to use waves to return to the beach.

Page 6 of 6
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6