View previous topic | View next topic

Series J, Episode 6: Joints

Page 1 of 6
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Ian Dunn
944840.  Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:01 pm Reply with quote

Here is the preview clip, and judging by the content, especially from Jimmy Carr, I'm guessing there are going to be more complaints about dumbing down.

DuckAvenger
944867.  Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:29 pm Reply with quote

Hah. That's great clip. Can't wait for the full episode

swot
946145.  Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:44 am Reply with quote

I never got a DVD of my gastroscopy. I feel all left out now. I did see a photograph of it though, and it looked icky.

I'm looking forward to the episode :)

gerontius grumpus
946182.  Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:11 pm Reply with quote

All the contestants got the elephants' knees wrong. They put the stickers on the wrists and ankles. As the main picture showed, they are right at the top of the back legs.
I suppose they had to let that go at the time because the flamingo was coming up later.

The metatarsals and metacarpals (metapodials) are elongated in these creatures so they are long bones, in humans they are classed as miniature long bones.

In horses there is a single elongated metapodial in each limb, the cannon bone and in cloven hoofed animals there are two metapodials fused together.

There are so many interesting things they could have said about joints.

suze
946188.  Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:37 pm Reply with quote

swot wrote:
I never got a DVD of my gastroscopy. I feel all left out now.

I've never had a gastroscopy, but I did have a hysteroscopy (an examination of the uterus, with the instrument introduced per vaginam) 20+ years ago.

Back then I suppose it would have been a VHS tape rather than a DVD - but either way, I didn't get one. I feel left out too, sob.

tetsabb
946212.  Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:38 pm Reply with quote

Meanwhile, I do have an MRI scan of 24 or so images of my brain, taken about 15 years ago, becasue I asked for it. I did not, however, ask for images from a colonoscopy a few years ago.

'yorz
946218.  Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:06 pm Reply with quote

These seem to be available on youtube. And if you've seen one...

zomgmouse
946248.  Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:43 pm Reply with quote

Why would images from tetsabb's colonoscopy be available on YouTube?

Anyway - just watched the episode. Interesting and fun. There seemed to be something awkward about the atmosphere, though. Or maybe that's just me. I had doubts about Jack Whitehall but he didn't bring the level down too much. Maybe the QI atmosphere did him some good. (NB: I'm really only basing my opinion of him on the impression I got from his stint on The Big Fat Quiz of the 90s.)

When Jimmy said "I'm in a lot of trouble," about robbing graves, I thought someone would make a dig about his taxes. Seems not.

Also, I don't think anyone can really complain about people talking over Cal this time. (I realise that sentence sounds like I thought she talked too much, but that's not the sentiment I wanted to convey with that sentence at all, just that nobody "talked over" her.)

CB27
946252.  Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:58 pm Reply with quote

I think the episode was filmed before the tax news came out, besides which that the show is filmed and edited a long time ago and I guess guests can insist on removing personal items they feel uncomfortable with because it's not a topical show.

The show was fine, my only minor niggle is that I wondered why they spent so much time on teeth which are not joints and aren't even bones.

zomgmouse
946253.  Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:20 pm Reply with quote

CB27 wrote:
I think the episode was filmed before the tax news came out

...oh yeah. Oops.

RLDavies
946290.  Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:15 am Reply with quote

swot wrote:
I never got a DVD of my gastroscopy. I feel all left out now. I did see a photograph of it though, and it looked icky.

A friend in another internet group "treated" the rest of us to a full slideshow of his colonoscopy. Hooray.

suze
946292.  Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:40 am Reply with quote

There was a TV show a few years back wherein a man had a little camera attached to his male member, and then had intercourse.

I'm not really show what it was meant to prove, though. Pink tubey thing goes up and down in squishy pink arena, and at the end white stuff emanates from pink tubey thing. Fancy that! What did we expect it to look like?

djgordy
946318.  Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:59 pm Reply with quote

I thought the episode was the bee's knees*. It was, in the words of dem yoof, dope**. All the different elements dovetailed perfectly***.

*Knees - joints, Ho ho.
**Dope - you make joints out of it. Ho ho ho.
***Dovetail - it's a kind of joint. Ho ho ho ho.

CB27
946334.  Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:38 pm Reply with quote

Someone's had too much corn*

* corn, as in corn cobs can be hollowed out to make bongs to smoke instead of rolling joints...

sally carr
946344.  Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:09 pm Reply with quote

It's a lot of hassle though.

Page 1 of 6
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next