View previous topic | View next topic

What do you make of the new Qi page?

Page 4 of 5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

WizardofAus
958398.  Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:09 am Reply with quote

Just returned to the site after an absence - and won't be returning again.

Whilst I appreciate that some people find the shotgun approach to design fun, surely a web site is meant to be easily navigable??

swot
958403.  Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:03 am Reply with quote

It is, the buttons make it very simple.

'murcan
959421.  Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:55 am Reply with quote

Jeez, some folks. I just returned to the site after an absence and I like the new features. I can get where I'm going more easily. Except for ending up in the Green Room and then not being sent back there after I logged in to make a comment. That was a little, well no, it wasn't a little, it was infuriating. I just repeatedly hit the back button to cycle through all my failed attempts to find out where I was in the first place. Now I'm happy again. Happy to be back on the QI talk forum.

Jenny
959497.  Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:43 am Reply with quote

Hi 'murcan and thanks for the comment.

As the new website is being gradually rolled out, we hope that kind of irritation will disappear. This talk forum is still hosted on the old website, and will be revamped into a new format when it finally gets into place on the new one.

In the meantime, if you go to the Forum Index link, that will take you to, erm, the forum index, where you will find a link to the Green Room forum.

'murcan
959531.  Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:00 pm Reply with quote

Jenny wrote:
Hi 'murcan and thanks for the comment.

As the new website is being gradually rolled out, we hope that kind of irritation will disappear. This talk forum is still hosted on the old website, and will be revamped into a new format when it finally gets into place on the new one.

In the meantime, if you go to the Forum Index link, that will take you to, erm, the forum index, where you will find a link to the Green Room forum.
Oh, It's settled down now and navigating is back to normal.

CB27
967543.  Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:28 am Reply with quote

Is it my imagination or has the front page been added to and amended a few times in the last fortnight?

Peregrine Arkwright
967548.  Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:35 am Reply with quote

Jenny wrote:
This talk forum is still hosted on the old website, and will be revamped into a new format when it finally gets into place on the new one.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Jenny
967648.  Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:19 am Reply with quote

CB27 wrote:
Is it my imagination or has the front page been added to and amended a few times in the last fortnight?

Yes, it's gradually being tweaked over. I like the new front page a lot. No idea when anything will happen to the forums though, and I suspect that will be the last place where any changes get made.

CB27
967691.  Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:06 pm Reply with quote

It's a bit confusing because I'm not sure which bits I've seen before and have moved, and which are new :)

CB27
968000.  Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:41 am Reply with quote

Not sure if this page existed before, but the http://qi.com/infocloud page is useful to look up some Qi facts.

CB27
981682.  Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:35 am Reply with quote

Is it just me? That cow really makes me smile :)

CB27
989955.  Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:48 am Reply with quote

Don't know about anyone else, I enjoy the little gifs which started promoting 1227 and went on to the Qi Zoo.

It made me wonder if Qi would consider evolving to creating programmes other than the quiz, such as the old fashioned pop up videos, or something for the kids in a similar fashion to the Once Upon A Time cartoon series?

Some of my favourite gifs:

germananglophile
990681.  Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:28 pm Reply with quote

CB27 wrote:
Don't know about anyone else, I enjoy the little gifs which started promoting 1227 and went on to the Qi Zoo.

It made me wonder if Qi would consider evolving to creating programmes other than the quiz, such as the old fashioned pop up videos, or something for the kids in a similar fashion to the Once Upon A Time cartoon series?

I agree, they're all utterly charming, from design to execution. Also really well done, speaking from a professional point of view. ;)
An animated TV series would be wonderful, they should have enough material for sure (see "The QI Book of Animal Ignorance").
I really hope that either way they'll keep making these gifs for their website. It would be nice at some point to have a link to all of them, to revisit the facts as well as the nice character animation. :)

JivviWesty
1034461.  Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:29 pm Reply with quote

Those gifs are really cute I'm going to have a look for them on the site, just found the recommendation of the week which is pretty interesting tho this weeks, not quite my thing, still worth a look.

JivviWesty
1038635.  Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:45 am Reply with quote

Superb advent calendar thank you! X

Page 4 of 5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next