View previous topic | View next topic

Trolling should be treated the same way as spam

Page 4 of 5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

'yorz
1146126.  Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:18 pm Reply with quote

Doubt he will. I asked him several times already.
And the post wasn't off-topic.

bobwilson
1146128.  Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:36 pm Reply with quote

Hmm - now I'm wondering which post we're talking about myself. Clearly 'yorz knows which one it is? What on Earth have I done now?

Alfred E Neuman
1146180.  Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:18 pm Reply with quote

http://old.qi.com/talk/viewtopic.php?p=1145862&highlight=#1145862

bobwilson wrote:
What on Earth have I done now?

You've just met Dutch Bob.

Efros
1146182.  Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:52 pm Reply with quote

Nope not off topic.

Spud McLaren
1146184.  Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:59 pm Reply with quote

< contemplates opening a "Surrealism" thread, and wonders if anyone will post something off-topic in it >

Efros
1146185.  Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:26 pm Reply with quote

Fish

PDR
1146187.  Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:35 pm Reply with quote

Cashews

PDR

nitwit02
1146191.  Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:36 pm Reply with quote

Boils

tetsabb
1146256.  Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:44 am Reply with quote

Sousaphone

14-11-2014
1213851.  Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:15 pm Reply with quote

Trolling, stalking, unfounded, unsolicited and/or wrong one-liner: 1213375

Trolling, stalking, unfounded, unsolicited and/or wrong one-liner: 1213838

I know that friends can be quite rude, e.g. women randomly judging random men, but perhaps those friends can be given the extra rights to access their own exclusive forum section to entertain each other? Or create a forum about me? I'm even willing to accept a technical requirement to have to read all of those messages first, I don't care, so the usual regulars and their leader don't have to use that many threads anymore.

Or you could explain to the elderly that's normal to say "tits 6, but she's too fat", but a disadvantage of such an online conversation of friends is that the woman in question, and all other visitors, can hear their interesting statements too.

There will be more examples, which hopefully have entertained the visitors of QI Ltd.'s forum. Somehow Firefox sometimes replaces all characters of some posts by spaces, so I may have missed a few.

Alfred E Neuman
1213863.  Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:43 am Reply with quote

14-11-2014 wrote:
Trolling, stalking, unfounded, unsolicited and/or wrong one-liner: 1213375

Trolling, stalking, unfounded, unsolicited and/or wrong one-liner: 1213838

I know that friends can be quite rude, e.g. women randomly judging random men, but perhaps those friends can be given the extra rights to access their own exclusive forum section to entertain each other? Or create a forum about me? I'm even willing to accept a technical requirement to have to read all of those messages first, I don't care, so the usual regulars and their leader don't have to use that many threads anymore.

Or you could explain to the elderly that's normal to say "tits 6, but she's too fat", but a disadvantage of such an online conversation of friends is that the woman in question, and all other visitors, can hear their interesting statements too.

There will be more examples, which hopefully have entertained the visitors of QI Ltd.'s forum. Somehow Firefox sometimes replaces all characters of some posts by spaces, so I may have missed a few.

Well, your style of writing (and your style of interaction) are quite often fairly opaque. Many of us have commented many times that we don't understand the point that you're trying to make. Your usual response to requests for clarity is absolutely none. So when someone doesn't understand what you're saying or how it's relevant, it's not an isolated case, nor is it likely that they're the only one who hasn't a clue what you're on about. When someone says that they don't understand your point, and someone else agrees, that's hardly trolling. Calling a comment like that trolling however, is a lot closer to actual trolling.

You've spent a fairly long time on here totally ignoring every attempt to engage with you, and insist on holding yourself aloof from everyone here, and you wonder why you've never become part of the society? You choose to be the outsider, so why does it bother you that you're the outsider?

Jenny
1213980.  Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:43 pm Reply with quote

Basically, 14, what Alf just said.

14-11-2014
1215252.  Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:04 am Reply with quote

Fortunately my browser replaces most text of "Alf" by spaces. Of course he's just following the leader too. So he is involved, and has since then tried to advocate an own position in another thread. A frequently used strategy of trolls which have to be obeyed. I already know what your attitude, doing nothing, was, and I'm pretty sure that your friend "Alf" hasn't produced any reasonable justification for his own behaviour.

Meanwhile, almost the same problem: you could have done something with Denise: http://old.qi.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t=19847&start=0. If she is/was real, then I'd move it to the section which Google won't access (or delete it).

It may be common behaviour to link people to having had sex with Alan Davies, in public (the post, not the sex), but that's yet another irrelevant explanation instead of a justification. It's not normal, but you're accepting it. By doing nothing. Or is Denise a professional prostitute, looking for publicity? If so, then I'm wrong.

'yorz
1215255.  Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:23 am Reply with quote

Again - that OP was made in 2010 frpetesake. Sometimes re-opening a thread is useful; in this instance it ain't.

Alfred E Neuman
1215256.  Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:40 am Reply with quote

14-11-2014 wrote:
Fortunately my browser replaces most text of "Alf" by spaces. Of course he's just following the leader too. So he is involved, and has since then tried to advocate an own position in another thread. A frequently used strategy of trolls which have to be obeyed. I already know what your attitude, doing nothing, was, and I'm pretty sure that your friend "Alf" hasn't produced any reasonable justification for his own behaviour.

You pretend not to see or care what I say and then you link to something I said?

I and others often battle to understand your point. When we ask you for clarification you accuse everyone of closing ranks against you and trolling you. Your opinion of me is really of no consequence to me - I don't know you and any attempt to engage with you is met with either no response or an accusation of trolling, so there is little chance I will ever get to know you. Feel free to insult me, I promise I'm not like PDR and I'll never threaten to sue you. But I do bite back.

Do try to be logical about things though. If someone can't understand your reasoning and asks for clarification, why not just clarify instead of assuming that you're being persecuted? I reckon it's worth a try.

Page 4 of 5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next