View previous topic | View next topic

Starting a New Thread

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Moosh
936748.  Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:05 pm Reply with quote

Personally I avoid employers finding embarrassing things about me on facebook by not saying embarrassing things on facebook. It doesn't seem that hard to both use the website and not say things that I don't want to make public.

At the end of the day, whatever privacy settings you may use, the only things on there are what you've chosen to put up. If you go on and say your boss is a dickhead and he sees that then you've got no one else to blame.

exnihilo
943374.  Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:39 am Reply with quote

An employer can see neither more nor less than you allow them to. IF, like me, your Facebook privacy settings are set to "friends only" then that's exactly who can see your facebook profile.

suze
943429.  Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:33 am Reply with quote

On my second Facebook account - the one which I use to interact with people I know IRL - I too have everything set to "friends only".

What's more, I make it a rule not to enfriendulize* current pupils of my school. (I don't make the approach, but if a pupil who has moved on to university or employment asks to enfriendulize me, I usually accept.)

Not everyone is so cautious, though. A lot of people, and especially school aged people, enfriendulize everyone they've ever met - and then wonder why if it comes back to bite them on the butt.

* No, of course there's no such word.

CB27
943455.  Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:29 pm Reply with quote

Some people use befriend :)

Strawberry
943468.  Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:52 pm Reply with quote

Suze explained in post 907714 why she prefers to say enfriend.

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2