View previous topic | View next topic

Dibnah, Fred

Page 6 of 6
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Topping
79616.  Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:34 am Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me how you go about highlighting bits in yellow, what other members have said before submitting a reply?

If that makes sense? Thanks!

suze
79618.  Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:43 am Reply with quote

Topping wrote:
Can anyone tell me how you go about highlighting bits in yellow, what other members have said before submitting a reply?

If that makes sense? Thanks!

It's quite easy really. All you need to do is press the "quote" button at the start of the post you want to quote from.

When you try it you will see that the quoted post appears at the top of the box where you type your reply. It looks odd right now, but when you have finished what you have to say and send it to the board it will look as it's meant to.

There are fiddlier things you can do if you need more than one quote in a post or if you want to quote from somewhere other than this board, but that's the basis of it.

Jenny
79852.  Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:51 am Reply with quote

Or if you're not worried about quoting the precise person who said whatever, or you want to include a quote from some other website entirely, paste the quotation into your post, highlight it, and hit the quote button. This will produce (after you post) the yellow highlighting you observed.

Topping
81938.  Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:41 pm Reply with quote

Thanks Suze and Jenny for your help in quoting, still getting used to my laptop and all the things you can do online.. and thats that for now. Im still planning on walking into Fred Dibners garden to look at what its like these days. I bet the new occupants have totally changed the garden and filled in the coal mine replica garden ornament he created.

Topping
82159.  Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:50 am Reply with quote

Saxmachine wrote:
Topping wrote:
I used to feel ashamed of being a Boltoner, Lancashire lad, or northener because people down south think we are all thick bitter drinkers and stuck in some time warp.

What's wrong with being stuck in a time warp drinking bitter? I can think of few more pleasurable passtimes! I live in the Midlands, btw, but I'm a village boy, so maybe that explains it.

Mmm. When I was living in Oxford in 2003/4, I thought the people where abit arrogant but during a visit to 2 villages callled Abingdon and Dorchester and was very impressed how friendly the locals were! There was also the traditional morris dancers and tea parties which Ive never seen around Bolton.

jim morrison
438645.  Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:42 pm Reply with quote

Gaazy wrote:
Right. Fred Dibnah. He was the one who blew up steam engines, right?
i no who sent laburnams chimney down in atherton in the 80.s and it wasnt fred dibnah look in the papers he set it up ready but i no who did

dr.bob
438749.  Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:49 am Reply with quote

Blimey, is there a punctuation shortage in your part of the world, jim?

If so, feel free to have some of mine

,,..,;;,'',:::..,,,,"";;..:::---,'''

Sadurian Mike
453236.  Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:41 pm Reply with quote

jim morrison wrote:
i no who sent laburnams chimney down in atherton in the 80.s and it wasnt fred dibnah look in the papers he set it up ready but i no who did

Why am I thinking that this post would look great made up of pieces of newspaper headlines?

Page 6 of 6
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6