View previous topic | View next topic

Anyone following the Bilderberg Meeting 2012?

Page 22 of 25
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Neotenic
915607.  Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:43 pm Reply with quote

All washed down by the tears of the poor.

Spud McLaren
915608.  Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:54 pm Reply with quote

Don't be ridiculous, Neo. They can't afford to cry, and if they do they are taxed on it.

tetsabb
915665.  Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:08 am Reply with quote

Efros wrote
Quote:
in Plovdiv in Leipzig circa 1988

I know of a Plovdiv, a city in Bulgaria -- or was that the name of the restaurant?

'yorz
915668.  Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:23 am Reply with quote

*hips*

Efros
915694.  Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:39 am Reply with quote

tetsabb wrote:
Efros wrote
Quote:
in Plovdiv in Leipzig circa 1988

I know of a Plovdiv, a city in Bulgaria -- or was that the name of the restaurant?

Yep used to be a chain of Bulgarian state run restaurants and hotels in the Eastern Block, I think some of them survived the changes over there,

joeontheland
916471.  Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:42 am Reply with quote

Neotenic wrote:
Quote:
I don't have the energy right now to explain something to someone who lives in a conceptual reality, more interested in what he can con himself and others to believe as truth when it is cloudy and arbitrary to say the least.

I suppose actually explaining things does take a bit more energy than just copying and pasting.

But, even so, I'm not entirely sure what a 'conceptual reality' is, or indeed how it differs from 'reality'. And, indeed, what the difference is between what I believe and what I apparently 'con myself' to believe.

I certainly think that if I am guilty of this (whatever it is), then you are equally guilty. Or if you're not, you might want to ask yourself why you think you're so special. Or, maybe, why you are conning yourself to believe that you are.

And hiding behind some post-modern 'what is truth, anyway?' claptrap is just more intellectual cowardice, whichever way you want to look at it. Sure, pinning down precisely what is 'true' can be quite tricky, but it's pretty easy to show with only a rudimentary amout of effort that which is palpably absurd - like the video of the wee girlie and her bizarre presidential family tree. Or that more than four companies 'own' the news.

I shall wait with baited breath while you recharge enough to respond 'in detail', because it is this detail which has been sadly absent thus far.

But that's the point, I'm not special... But the argument is always being aimed at kind of making the other person look bad, or stupid, but there is no wisdom in attaching opinions to someone and you attaching your opinions to yourself, and then fighting it out, this is ego and is the root of all evil... I've never been so sure of something ever in my life but this.

Instead of focusing on the argument, it becomes a kind of match, to win or loose... And commonly, people who contribute to this type of delusion allow the most silly things to pass as a valid means of disproving the things which the person is presenting.

joeontheland
916472.  Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:49 am Reply with quote

Spud McLaren wrote:
Neotenic wrote:
But, even so, I'm not entirely sure what a 'conceptual reality' is, or indeed how it differs from 'reality'.
I was wondering that too, as only reality is reality. A conceptual reality isn't reality, so perhaps a conceptual universe might be a better term?

For instance the point I was making about there being 6 corporations controlling all media outlets was not for that statements own sake, but to point toward a possible reality of mass indoctrination through these means.

Now, is any scenario in which 6 corps own this many news outlets going to be equal in its effect on the planet... No, so what I mean is that you have conceptualised the phenomenon.

You have made it into something which is black or white, when it is not.

So you chose to say, hey look Joe has lied, he has said there are 6 when that's not true, and then feel as if my whole presentation of information is then tainted by this one statement.

So you have grabbed everything I have said, and placed it upon my person.

Remember, ego, or creating a mind-made self from thoughts is the root of all evil... We are spiritual beings having a human experience, we are already perfect, you can not add or takeaway from what you are...See that the world is Maya and then live as the wholeness that you are.

Last edited by joeontheland on Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:54 am; edited 1 time in total

joeontheland
916473.  Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:51 am Reply with quote

exnihilo wrote:
This has gone dangerously off course.

HAHAHAHAHA :)

joeontheland
916474.  Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:52 am Reply with quote

Arcane wrote:
We shouldn't keep forking it over.

Just get the dog to lick the plate and put it back in the cupboard

Jenny
916503.  Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:00 am Reply with quote

joeontheland wrote:

Remember, ego, or creating a mind-made self from thoughts is the root of all evil... We are spiritual beings having a human experience, we are already perfect, you can not add or takeaway from what you are...See that the world is Maya and then live as the wholeness that you are.

I love it when an unprovable assertion is presented as if it were an argument-clincher rather than an opinion.

'yorz
916505.  Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:03 am Reply with quote

I used to be conceited, but now I'm perfect.

CB27
916525.  Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:10 am Reply with quote

joeontheland wrote:
I'm not special...

Hmmm...

joeontheland
916529.  Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:29 am Reply with quote

CB27 wrote:
joeontheland wrote:
I'm not special...

Hmmm...

If that thought enters my mind, I instantly know that it is my ego and I let it pass by.

It relates also to judging people.

People do bad things when they are separate, when they are ego, when they are the little story in their heads.

So their primary purpose is to maintain and even improve that mental story which they think they are, it starts with the name, and all things, experiences then attach themselves to that name.

And sure, the world of form is much fun and by all means achieve things and be proud of yourself, this is the experience we are here to have.

But totally believing that you are a collection of thoughts is the madness, and everyone does it.

When someone murders, or steals... Are they living in ego? Yes they are.

This is why Jesus said (LOL) I know I know......stay with me please

Yes............ he said 'I know I know......stay with me please'

And also he said

;)

forgive them for they know not what they do

Which means, they don't know who they are, they are living in a delusion, at their inner self they wouldn't dream of causing the harm they have done.

And if anyone is interested in this there is a documentary, very good, about some prisoners in america who were put on a strict meditation class for 10 days, meditating for 8 hours a day and not talking to anyone..

The documentary is called dharma brothers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PG4UmbmmTxU

Here is the trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zA8XFEyeMi

Alot of these guys changed completely, some of them broke down crying under the guilt of what they did.

It took some of them hours and hours of meditation the achieve this transformation. But they made a connection with themselves and ourselfs is pure un-conditional love, that is what we are. And the mind can not understand this state or bottle it or prove/dis-prove it.

Because it is beyond the mind.

I believe that the way the figure out this reality is to look inside yourself, quieten the mind, and see the imfathomable depth of what you are... You will start having increasing amounts of compassion to all living things and you will feel connected to something which is actually the real meaning of god.

Hence the quote

The kingdom of heaven is within...

And it is not soppy, lovey, lovey crap that people screw their faces at, it is not like that, so maybe just acknowledge that as a possibility, otherwise you are being restricted by cultural norms which relate to something unrelated, people in their ignorance, and lazy thinking, conclude that love is just that, that love can turn to hate, how could it? not real love

Ok I've gone off on one here now haven't I...........................

Oh well

and finally, I believe the quote 'I know I know......stay with me please' was directed at Jesus' disciples... I don't know any more than that

Last edited by joeontheland on Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:12 pm; edited 7 times in total

joeontheland
916536.  Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:57 am Reply with quote

Jenny wrote:
joeontheland wrote:

I love it when an unprovable assertion is presented as if it were an argument-clincher rather than an opinion.

Do you want to debate whether or not the ego is an illusion?

CB27
916544.  Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:32 pm Reply with quote

I'm not refuting that I'm judging. I judge that you are either dumb and unwilling to listen to reason, or are a troll. Either way, it makes you as special as a turnip.

I suggest this thread doesn't really belong in this section as it's become a joke from the very start.

Page 22 of 25
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next