View previous topic | View next topic

Teachers don't know what stress is

Page 8 of 38
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 36, 37, 38  Next

PDR
909948.  Thu May 17, 2012 11:58 am Reply with quote

Neotenic wrote:
It does rather seem that this thread should be re-titled to 'Milliners don't know what stress is'

Well given their gold-plated pensions I think it could still be about teachers but be more accurately entitled "Millionaires don't know what stress is"...

:0)

PDR

CB27
909959.  Thu May 17, 2012 1:33 pm Reply with quote

If you stir it too much it starts to curdle...

Efros
909969.  Thu May 17, 2012 2:09 pm Reply with quote

PDR wrote:
gold-plated pensions

Sorry, PML.

Spud McLaren
909971.  Thu May 17, 2012 2:11 pm Reply with quote

Not EPNS?

exnihilo
909978.  Thu May 17, 2012 2:46 pm Reply with quote

Efros wrote:
PDR wrote:
gold-plated pensions

Sorry, PML.

The Telegraph.

Spud McLaren
909980.  Thu May 17, 2012 3:15 pm Reply with quote

exnihilo wrote:
The Telegraph.
"Mr Cameron told MPs yesterday that the strikes were not justified, as negotiations over the pension reforms were still continuing. "

That's quite amusing.

Efros
909997.  Thu May 17, 2012 5:28 pm Reply with quote

exnihilo wrote:
Efros wrote:
PDR wrote:
gold-plated pensions

Sorry, PML.

The Telegraph.

TES

exnihilo
909998.  Thu May 17, 2012 5:30 pm Reply with quote

Ooh. Refuting current figures with ones from almost a year ago? Good move!

Efros
909999.  Thu May 17, 2012 5:34 pm Reply with quote

Read the article it quotes the same figures used in the Telegraph. Besides I think I'd probably believe a bone chucker more than I would the Telegraph. Besides I couldn't give a rat's arse, I don't have a teaching pension in the UK but I do feel they are being unfairly targeted and misrepresented.

Hummingbird
910175.  Fri May 18, 2012 4:40 pm Reply with quote

I knew a dedicated teacher. She was full of enthusiasm for her job and loved the kids who shared her views. Unfortunately she was under-minded at every turn by the curriculum/OFSTED and her head teacher and a class comprised of 60% special needs kids. I met her one day, walking in the rain in the middle of the afternoon. I thought it was odd that she was out and about and she signed off sick with stress shortly afterwards.

Teachers have real passion for their profession and sometimes everything conspires against them. Fast forward three years and a change of head and everything changed. It is now one of the few "outstanding" schools in our county. A great teacher is an artist. They need to be nurtured and appreciated. It's more like being a an actor on stage then a pen pusher. I think the profession would be better if people realised that.

tetsabb
910187.  Fri May 18, 2012 6:17 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
under-minded

Presumably a typo, but somehow very apt

PDR
910309.  Sat May 19, 2012 12:50 pm Reply with quote

I see the telegraph is now castigating the civil service for having "flexitime", an unusual employment term only offered to around 50% of the working population (based on a limited sampling - every job I've had in the last 30 years offered it, and well over 50% of the people I know who are employed also have it). This is apparently some special bit of "gold plating" which someone has to resign over - which just goes to show why all newspaper journalists are far to thick to be tolerated in our society and should be recycled into cattlefeed.

In the same article (front page, above the fold) it claims to be horrified that some civil servants will be able to work from home during the olympics if their normal office is somewhere that would make travel difficult during this period. Surely this is just a sensible accomodation? What's the problem?

PDR

Spud McLaren
910311.  Sat May 19, 2012 12:59 pm Reply with quote

Quite a lot of civil servants already work from home as a matter of course. This is to cut the cost of office accommodation. Lest anyone think that it's a cushy option, there are quite stringent checks in place to make sure that, if you spend an afternoon on the golf course, you do it in your own time - ie, you take leave to do it.

dr.bob
910647.  Mon May 21, 2012 5:46 am Reply with quote

PDR wrote:
In the same article (front page, above the fold) it claims to be horrified that some civil servants will be able to work from home during the olympics if their normal office is somewhere that would make travel difficult during this period. Surely this is just a sensible accomodation? What's the problem?

The problem is the TfL workers who are getting paid extra for working during the Olympics. Clearly the Telegraph thinks that, if we're paying them more money, we should make absolutely sure that they're overworked enough to deserve the extra money.

Efros
910650.  Mon May 21, 2012 5:49 am Reply with quote

Torygraph is transforming itself into Rantograph.

Page 8 of 38
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 36, 37, 38  Next