View previous topic | View next topic

Coldest capital today in the EU and the world

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2

suze
909783.  Wed May 16, 2012 11:36 am Reply with quote

AlmondFacialBar wrote:
7 C as we're speaking, and probably not about to get significantly warmer. Over the past few days I've been going to bed with thick knit socks, eiderdown slippers and flannel jimjams, because otherwise I'd just have been too cold to sleep, and my bed is about 75 kilometres south of where the Dublin temperature would have been measured. Yes, it's very very cold here at the moment, and if we beat Reikyavik on that in the foreseeable, I wouldn't be in the least surprised.

By noon IST, the recorded temperature in Dublin had soared to 9 C. I don't know whether it makes any obvious difference to the numbers, but the Dublin weather data is apparently recorded on the roof of the Old Central Terminal at Dublin Airport.

Of the cities considered before, Nuuk (3 C), Reykjavk (4 C), and Trshavn (3 C) were again colder at local noon today, and Wellington had joined Dublin on 9 C.

AlmondFacialBar
909819.  Wed May 16, 2012 3:53 pm Reply with quote

suze wrote:
AlmondFacialBar wrote:
7 C as we're speaking, and probably not about to get significantly warmer. Over the past few days I've been going to bed with thick knit socks, eiderdown slippers and flannel jimjams, because otherwise I'd just have been too cold to sleep, and my bed is about 75 kilometres south of where the Dublin temperature would have been measured. Yes, it's very very cold here at the moment, and if we beat Reikyavik on that in the foreseeable, I wouldn't be in the least surprised.

By noon IST, the recorded temperature in Dublin had soared to 9 C. I don't know whether it makes any obvious difference to the numbers, but the Dublin weather data is apparently recorded on the roof of the Old Central Terminal at Dublin Airport.

Of the cities considered before, Nuuk (3 C), Reykjavk (4 C), and Trshavn (3 C) were again colder at local noon today, and Wellington had joined Dublin on 9 C.

As the airport is at the very northern tip of Dublin and my workplace is at its very southern tip my guess is that outside my office window it might have been 9.25 C then...

:-)

AlmondFacialBar

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2