View previous topic | View next topic

Where else........

Page 1 of 5
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

bobwilson
910835.  Mon May 21, 2012 10:17 pm Reply with quote

I don't know where else to post this letter, not mine I hasten to add although I agree with the sentiment

Quote:
Dear Sir,

I recently had the misfortune to be interviewed by one of your more cerebrally challenged employees. I can’t provide you with the name of said employee as she studiously ensured that her name badge was hidden from my view. In the absence of any information to the contrary I will therefore assume that all of your female employees are similarly stupid and treat them accordingly. I assume this meets with your approval? An alternative interpetration would be that you, yourself, are stupid and that your female employees are dupes? The only other interpretation I can think of is that I am myself stupid – which is clearly not the case.

The said female employee conducted an interview on the 8th May of which I was notified on 4th May at 3:20 PM. Now do correct me if I’m wrong but 4th May was a Friday, and Saturday and Sunday are normally non-working days. If I’m not mistaken, your normal time for end of business is at 4:00 PM on Friday?

It’s surely a coincidence that Monday the 7th May happened to be a bank holiday. No doubt you failed to notice this?

There is a word for a man who abuses females to enrich himself – what could it be – oh I remember – pimp.

Can you enlighten me – would you prefer me to stand outside your place of work, your home residence, or the places you frequent for entertainment, with a sign describing you as a pimp? I’ll leave the final choice to you.

Because let’s be clear about this – you are a pimp. And no matter what it takes to expose you as such, no matter how damaging to me it might be, I will pursue you on this matter until you are either incarcerated or exposed as a person who would not be employed by any responsible employer. Your female employees may be cowed by your authority – I am not.

I don’t like bullies – particularly bullies who hide behind contracts with government bodies, and even more particularly bullies who abuse their positions to violate the well-won rights of female employees to be treated with respect. Private Eye will no doubt be willing to publish your name.

I trust that makes my position clear.

bemahan
910849.  Tue May 22, 2012 3:14 am Reply with quote

I think I'll have to include myself in with the stupid females as I don't understand what this is about. Have I missed something in the news?
For some completely unfathomable reason, as I read it for the first time, my brain assumed the organisation involved was the Co-op, which didn't help!
I am still at a complete loss to work out even what type of organisation it is. Maybe a bank?

Last edited by bemahan on Tue May 22, 2012 3:15 am; edited 1 time in total

Neotenic
910850.  Tue May 22, 2012 3:14 am Reply with quote

Quote:
I canít provide you with the name of said employee as she studiously ensured that her name badge was hidden from my view.

I think it is entirely possible that said employee kept her name badge hidden because it was patently apparent that she was interviewing a creepy weirdo.

Because clearly no one other than a creepy misanthropic, misogynist weirdo with a life empty enough to write pompous letters full of empty threats would take the actions of one to assume that all female employees were idiots. Or whores, for that matter.

I don't understand the timing thing at all - Notified on Friday of an interview on Tuesday. Where is the problem?

What is the point?

And, I think you'd have to be some form of Olympic level fuckhead to suggest that you hate bullying, but would nevertheless be prepared to stand outside somewhere with a sign calling someone a pimp (quite inexplicably) or threaten going to the press.

I guess that makes you..... sorry... whoever wrote that letter.... petty, vindictive and a worthless waste of skin and hair.

CB27
910854.  Tue May 22, 2012 3:23 am Reply with quote

I've dealt with many complaint letters for council and housing association services, and I can tell you I've received a few which start with lines similar to the first line of the letter in the OP. In each case I'd stop reading the letter and pass it onto the public relations office for them to read through and let me have the complaint element because I refuse to read someone's diatribe.

I can honestly say I read the first line in the OP's letter:

"I recently had the misfortune to be interviewed by one of your more cerebrally challenged employees."

I stopped there and decided I cannot be bothered to read what this person's complaint is.

The irony is that it's the kind of people who write such letters who complain about service, respect, professionality, etc, but are unwilling to display any such manners themselves. I know I'm not the only one reacts the same way to complaint letters :)

bemahan
910857.  Tue May 22, 2012 3:38 am Reply with quote

I find the word 'disappointed' works very well in a letter or phone call of complaint, coupled with giving them an opportunity to 'restore my faith' in their product/service.

filofax
910868.  Tue May 22, 2012 4:34 am Reply with quote

Quote:
my brain assumed the organisation involved was the Co-op,

That's because that's the chain store you've been hitting to buy your preferred beverage!

bemahan
910948.  Tue May 22, 2012 8:50 am Reply with quote

Spot on! But I didn't want to let on in case you all went out and nicked my sparkly wine! As we speak, bemahub is on a mission to track down more.

Jenny
910961.  Tue May 22, 2012 9:32 am Reply with quote

I would also have stopped reading and filed the letter in the round file after the first sentence. I think anybody who writes in such terms doesn't really want to be taken seriously.

I also cannot see a problem with having an interview on Tuesday of which you are notified the previous Friday, generally speaking. A problem might arise if you were for some reason unable to keep the appointment, as the intervening weekend and bank holiday would make it impossible for you to reschedule. In that event, a polite communication on the morning of the Tuesday pointing out the timing would have sufficed. If there is no problem keeping the appointment, why the indignation?

Posital
911010.  Tue May 22, 2012 1:42 pm Reply with quote

Bob seems to have some kind of understanding of this - perhaps he could elucidate on the reason for the indignation outlined in the treatise?

PDR
911024.  Tue May 22, 2012 3:33 pm Reply with quote

It might help our deliberations if there was any indication of the nature of the interview. Was it an employment interview, a journalist seeking information, a request to help the police with equiries (with or without caution) or a formal assessment by two doctors under section 8 of the mental health act?

PDR

'yorz
911038.  Tue May 22, 2012 4:21 pm Reply with quote

.. which was exactly what Posital said, with less ink.

Spud McLaren
911045.  Tue May 22, 2012 4:39 pm Reply with quote

I don't think you can have less ink than none.

Unless...well, it's very environmentally unfriendly to print out every post, you know.

< /pedant >
< /doffcock >

'yorz
911050.  Tue May 22, 2012 4:49 pm Reply with quote

No idea what you're on about, Spud - but here's a nice relaxing cuppa. Herbal.

Spud McLaren
911052.  Tue May 22, 2012 4:54 pm Reply with quote

Thanks. Hibiscus & rose petal, by any chance? Haven't had that in years.

'yorz
911059.  Tue May 22, 2012 5:05 pm Reply with quote

'fcourse.

Quote:
The said female employee conducted an interview on the 8th May of which I was notified on 4th May at 3:20 PM. Now do correct me if Iím wrong but 4th May was a Friday, and Saturday and Sunday are normally non-working days. If Iím not mistaken, your normal time for end of business is at 4:00 PM on Friday?

Itís surely a coincidence that Monday the 7th May happened to be a bank holiday. No doubt you failed to notice this?

As Neo already said, the interview was on a Tuesday following a Bank Holiday, so no problem there. Nobody was disadvantaged. The notification of said interview was done on the previous Friday at 15.20, well within the presumed time for end of business at 16.00.
I am in the same queue of puzzleds.

Page 1 of 5
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next