View previous topic | View next topic

Photo of the week plus mystery object feature

Page 2 of 21
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Jenny
903773.  Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:42 am Reply with quote

No I think it could have been taken at any time - we rather thought we might get a rush of people posting their favourites at first, and then it might get to recently-taken ones. We really don't have a theme at the moment - we're just looking for great pictures. Themes may come up in the future though.

Efros
903775.  Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:45 am Reply with quote

Would be nice to know if they are being used, bragging rights and all that!

Jenny
903778.  Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:47 am Reply with quote

We won't get to that stage until the new website is launched though Efros, which probably won't happen until late summer - we're aiming to coincide it with the broadcast of the J series.

Efros
903782.  Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:50 am Reply with quote

Cool!

Oceans Edge
903798.  Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:29 pm Reply with quote

DSCF4944 by OceansEdge26, on Flickr
Gros Morne National Park - World Heritage Site

DSCF4738 by OceansEdge26, on Flickr
Heart's Content Cable Station - Home of one end of the first Trans-Atlantic cable

DSCF4741 by OceansEdge26, on Flickr
Commemorative on the shore at the landing point

DSCF4719 by OceansEdge26, on Flickr
Birdhouses on a lawn in Brigus - the humour and folk art of the Newfoundlanders

DSCF4970 by OceansEdge26, on Flickr
The Table Lands in Gros Morne National Park

20061007-152913 by OceansEdge26, on Flickr
Next stop ... Ireland. Looking out to sea from Middle Cove headlands

Neotenic
903813.  Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:00 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
Next stop ... Ireland.

I have a shot a bit like that from Iceland, where the next stop would be Antarctica.

My zoom function wasn't really up to the job.

Spud McLaren
903845.  Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:48 pm Reply with quote

Olympus Camedia 3mp - forget which model.

On the loch, Ballachulish Village.

On the loch, Ballachulish Village.

Mallaig.

Croft Museum, Eigg.

An Sgurr from Galmisdale, Eigg.

tetsabb
903854.  Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:06 pm Reply with quote

"The An Sgurr, my friend, blowin' in the wind..."

Starfish13
903957.  Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:20 am Reply with quote

Spud, that top picture is of Eilean Munde in Loch Leven (Isles of Glencoe), which is the site of a graveyard of the Macdonalds of Glencoe. Legend has it that an old woman of the clan was set to be buried out there, but was believed to be a witch, and every time they went to take her body over the water a fierce storm would blow up and stop them sailing.

It is where these photos were taken after I paddled out there in my sea kayak (obviously not a witch then)...

The last one is looking back at the viewwpoint where you took your first one.

Neotenic
904021.  Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:45 pm Reply with quote

The thread may not be themed yet, but I just decided to donate a batch of animal shots;

Surprised lion? or bored lion? (Paradise Wildlife Park, Broxborne)

Nonchalant Tamandua. (London Zoo)

Indignant Tawny Frogmouth (possibly Taronga Zoo)

Posing Tiger (some zoo somewhere)

Duck. In a flap. (Epping Forest)

Levitating turtle (Vancouver Aquarium)

Arcane
904073.  Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:36 pm Reply with quote

Ps all my photos so far that are on Flickr have been via my iPhone.

Jenny
904252.  Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:01 am Reply with quote

I really love that turtle shot Neo, and also the black and white ones.

Arcane - your cloud picture in particular is terrific and your phone must have a great camera on it.

Spud McLaren
904320.  Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:43 pm Reply with quote

tetsabb wrote:
"The An Sgurr, my friend, blowin' in the wind..."
That'll be the Eigg.
Starfish13 wrote:
Spud, that top picture is of Eilean Munde in Loch Leven (Isles of Glencoe), which is the site of a graveyard of the Macdonalds of Glencoe.
I didn't know that - thanks for the info!
Starfish13 wrote:
...[3 pics]

The last one is looking back at the viewwpoint where you took your first one.
So it is - I recognise that jetty. In fact,

here's a close-up.

NB - the only kids you could recognise from this photo are mine and her cousin, so no issues on permission.

Arcane
904487.  Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:03 am Reply with quote

Thanks Jenny, it's an iPhone 4S so 8mp or whatever it is does the job. I'm lucky being on the coast we get lots of beautiful sunsets and cloud formations. It really is a stunning spot here, with the Glasshouse Mountains to the west.

Jenny
905619.  Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:54 pm Reply with quote

Whoops - I'm a day late this week... and I forgot to edit the thread header...

New week - April 30th

Rather than start a new thread every week, I'm demarcating the weeks on this thread by reposting the thread header at the start of each new week for the benefit of new posters. I'll also go back and delete a few posts that detract from the main flow of the thread as we were still getting used to the Flickr group.

QI forum photographers - this is one for you.

We'd like the forthcoming (yes, honestly, it will get here eventually) new QI website to feature photographs taken by our QI forum members. To that end, I am going to start a weekly thread entitled Photo of the week with that week's date.

If you want to take part, you'll need to upload your photo to our Flickr group and put a link to that site to put an image on that week's thread.

The QI Flickr link is http://www.flickr.com/groups/quiteinteresting . Please don't upload photos from your own website or your own Flickr group to this thread.

By putting your photo on this thread, linked to the QI Flickr group, you are agreeing that you own all the necessary rights in the photo, and that you have given us an irrevocable licence to use it on the QI website. If your photo is chosen to feature on the new website, we'll put your real name on it and credit you with taking it, so you'll need to tell us at that point how you want to be cited. If you want to keep those details off the threads at this point, just send me a pm with them on and I'll store it.

We'd like you to tell us details of how and when the photo was taken, plus technical details if you like - undoubtedly many people will find that quite interesting.

In the future, we are hoping to gather together what at the moment we are calling the QI Carousel - galleries or collections of pictures we like. When the details of that have been fully decided, we'll put those up on the forums as well.

Page 2 of 21
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 19, 20, 21  Next