View previous topic | View next topic

Die; how I would like to

Page 1 of 4
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

mckeonj
41897.  Tue Dec 27, 2005 3:31 pm Reply with quote

In General Banter there is a thread "what happened to Glenn Miller", in which a couple of interesting ways to die are proposed. One is to die aged 100 in a Paris brothel, another is to be shot, aged 99, by a jealous husband. My least desired departure is from a Victorian popular song, "Oh, let me like a soldier fall, with breast expanding to the ball." So. ladies, gentlemen, and elves, how would you like to go? (Efficient service, reasonable rates, quotations by return)

violetriga
41899.  Tue Dec 27, 2005 4:10 pm Reply with quote

With exactly 24 hours notice.

iluphade
41900.  Tue Dec 27, 2005 4:21 pm Reply with quote

I'd like to die standing up. Actually, I'd like to live standing up, but iff I'd have to die, I'd love to die quietly but standing up.
I believe someone has done this before (I thought it was someone from within the brontė family, but it's been a long time since i read that.)

Jenny
41903.  Tue Dec 27, 2005 5:41 pm Reply with quote

Suddenly with no forewarning at all. I'd really rather not know in advance.

djgordy
41906.  Tue Dec 27, 2005 5:45 pm Reply with quote

Jenny wrote:
Suddenly with no forewarning at all. I'd really rather not know in advance.

I would also like to die suddenly and with no forewa.........

tetsabb
41919.  Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:21 pm Reply with quote

And even more importantly, in what form would you like to be reincarnated?
That should elicit some QI responses

laidbacklazyman
41926.  Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:57 am Reply with quote

Peacefully and in my sleep just like my Grandad,
not screaming and shouting like all of his passengers.

samivel
41933.  Wed Dec 28, 2005 6:46 am Reply with quote

<laughs>

Painlessly

Esmerelda
41944.  Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:10 am Reply with quote

I'd like to be reincarnated in exactly the form I was five minutes before I died a sudden and unexpected death, the foretelling of which by the precogs had been ignored (no guessing as to my Monday night film viewing)
Would that end up being a sort of ground hog day death or would I be able to do something about it?

Gray
41950.  Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:25 am Reply with quote

They say that going SCUBA diving and just letting yourself sink to the bottom of the ocean is a good way to go - nitrogen narcosis sets in at about 50m and it's all loverly from then on down, apparently (according to those who've been saved by their dive buddies, that is).

Myself, I'd like to have a black trapezoidal 1,600 tonne weight dropped on me from a high cliff.

Caradoc
41991.  Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:41 pm Reply with quote

Squashed by a giant foot whilst walking down the high street.

Hypothermia is quite a pleasant way to go after the initial cold you feel warm & drowsy

Quaintly Ignorant
41996.  Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:37 pm Reply with quote

As violently, painfully and memorably as possible. After all, we all die only once, you know.

samivel
42000.  Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:57 pm Reply with quote

What's the point in remembering it, then? ;)

grizzly
42060.  Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:52 am Reply with quote

Seeing as I believe that thought and conciousness is purely based upon the capacity of my brain to think, any method of dieing that causes instant and complete trauma to the brain resulting in the instantaneous ending of my life without my prior knowledge will be fine with me (although they are mainly violent methods). A gunshot from a high callibre (sp?) weapon direct to the brain is probably allright. Anything like breaking my spine or the brain stem is particularly scary to me because it is likely that you would spend the next 3 minutes of my life able to think but do nothing else whilst my brain slowly runs out of oxygen. The only thing that I could find worse would be living for eternity or surviving in some eternal afterlife (either heaven or hell).

tetsabb
42111.  Thu Dec 29, 2005 7:44 pm Reply with quote

laidbacklazyman wrote:
Peacefully and in my sleep just like my Grandad,
not screaming and shouting like all of his passengers.

And which airline did he fly for?

Page 1 of 4
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next