View previous topic | View next topic

Is it real? your weighted opinion please

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

ParanormalCamera
898908.  Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:51 am Reply with quote

Some videos sent us by users...what do you think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhxHuArGk0c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LG4eNpNHR1o

Great forum!

Jenny
898921.  Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:03 am Reply with quote

Although I am slightly suspicious that this is a form of spammery designed to promote your group, as you haven't posted with us before, the topic is an interesting one so thanks for that. Please do stick around. I look forward to seeing what the largely-sceptical bunch who hang around these parts (including people who work in the field of aeronautics and various other scientific endeavours) will make of the videos.

ParanormalCamera
898928.  Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:30 am Reply with quote

the largely-sceptical bunch is welcome ;-)

'yorz
898933.  Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:39 am Reply with quote

I'm quite interested in the above subject, but would prefer some more serious examples. If that old lady in the old shed is not a cut-out piece of cardboard, I'll eat my duvet.
Next time you go out hunting for paranormal activities, bring at least a monopod to steady your camera with. This juddery footage doesn't add to anything.

Sadurian Mike
898947.  Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:25 am Reply with quote

As with all such videos and photographs, far too blurred to show anything, and the original camera work far too unconvincing. By that I mean, why the hell was someone apparently filming a piece of woodland by night and trying to make it look like they were in the Blair Witch Project, and why, if the first video was real, did the camera not zoom in or centre on the 'UFO's' instead of remaining on the Eiffel Tower? It's not as if it was set up on a mount or anything, so the natural reaction would have been to try to capture the moving objects, or at least swing towards them.

Oh, and why were these objects not picked up by any other means? Are we meant to believe that the French Air Defence network wasn't monitoring Parisian airspace?

Also, why did the 'anomaly' in the second video not move? Are ghosts and aliens so dim that they think that sticking their heads around a tree and staying motionless makes them invisible?

Another case of 'must try harder'.

zaphod23
898952.  Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:40 am Reply with quote

too small, indistinct and blurred to really tell. As ever! the movment seems strange-wonder if its a lens artifact? Lights in the distance shining in to iris lens?
Of course, considering the enormity of the universe- life out there is guaranteed of course...

CB27
898956.  Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:59 am Reply with quote

First one could either be birds or kites. I never understand the sense of claiming these things are UFOs, why travel light years to simply hover around over our cities and then disappear?

Second one, there's nothing there.

cornixt
898979.  Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:25 pm Reply with quote

I like the idea that super-advanced aliens can manage intergalactic travel but not an off switch for their exterior lighting on their craft.

CB27
898984.  Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:07 pm Reply with quote

Must be a woman pilot :)

I'm off to get my space suit...

Gavin
898986.  Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:25 pm Reply with quote

I think I should say welcome to both Paranormal Camera and Zaphod23 as they're both new.

Oceans Edge
898995.  Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:34 pm Reply with quote

Indeed, that would be the polite thing to do..

Welcome Paranormal Camera and Zaphod23

Strawberry
898996.  Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:37 pm Reply with quote

Hi, ParanormalCamera and Zaphod23; welcome to QI.

mckeonj
899009.  Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:48 pm Reply with quote

First one is definitely birds, study just the movements, which are typical of a small group of soaring birds, probably seagulls, ignoring for the moment the bright disk appearances.
I have seen this phenomenon on the Solent, from Bournemouth Bay. A group of seabirds were wheeling and diving in front of the Needles rocks, presumably fishing, and as they moved, their wings were reflecting the bright sun towards me; the wing profile was acting as a section of a concave mirror, and appeared as a bright disk, which appeared and disappeared, the overall effect was that of bright saucers skittering over the water.
This was almost exactly like the Kenneth Arnold "flying saucer" sighting of 1947.
Another UFO I have seen is the spooky 'triple white light' which hovers silently, then changes colour and zooms away silently.
If you wait for a few seconds, you will hear the distant rumble of the afterburners firing on the military or civilian jet which had been flying directly towards you, then went into a power climb.

zaphod23
899132.  Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:24 am Reply with quote

Hi all, thanks for saying hello. how very convivial of you!

Re: "why would they travel all those light years just to hover over cities' (sic)
Well there are a lot of assumptions here. The main one being: that they are ALL civilised. There are joy riding yobs in every 3rd world country- riding around in stolen cars, cars that they have no idea how they work. So, why cant that be the case universally? There are bound to be yobbo aliens just causing a bit of mayhem. Or, as douglas Adams put it- "Buzzing people"

CB27
899148.  Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:51 am Reply with quote

Until I see a yobbo joyriding a space shuttle, I'm not convinced :)

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next