View previous topic | View next topic

The baby Jesus

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

athenajm
882422.  Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:03 pm Reply with quote

Hi everyone! Ok, I need to pick your collective QI brains if I may?

I was watching Qi clips with a colleague earlier, and I'm sure there was one episode where Stephen Fry referred to the baby Jesus in a really creepy voice and (I think) Jimmy Carr was saying how scary it was when he did that.

The only clip I can find is with Phil Jupitus telling Stephew Fry that you can only say Jesus if you say 'the ickle baby' in front of it, but none of the guests react to the way he says it. Can anyone help, or have I just completely imagined the whole thing??

Jenny
882430.  Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:50 pm Reply with quote

Hi athenajm and welcome to the forum - I can't answer that one myself but maybe some of the others might so I'm keeping this thread bumped.

CB27
882481.  Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:12 pm Reply with quote

In the third episode of the C series, they are talking about 10 Downing Street, and that the door can't be opened from the outside. Jimmy wonders what happens if there's no one inside to open the door, even after Stephen says there's always someone inside, and finally Stephen sort of sings "There's always someone in there" in a creepy way and Jimmy gets scared.

I don't recall a similar situation with Jesus though.

athenajm
882558.  Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:57 am Reply with quote

Ah, I think I've mixed up the baby Jesus with Phil Jupitus and the downing street episodes in my mind!! Thanks for your help guys.x

suze
882745.  Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:27 pm Reply with quote

athenajm wrote:
I think I've mixed up the baby Jesus with Phil Jupitus

A statement that I never expected to read ...

tetsabb
882779.  Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:44 pm Reply with quote

suze wrote:
athenajm wrote:
I think I've mixed up the baby Jesus with Phil Jupitus

A statement that I never expected to read ...

Not an easy mistake to make, IMHO

Strawberry
882788.  Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:47 pm Reply with quote

Hi, Athenajm; welcome to QI.

plach
882849.  Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:48 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
I've mixed up the baby Jesus with Phil Jupitus

If Phil Jupitus were Jesus I might become a Christian.

Prof Wind Up Merchant
882876.  Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:29 am Reply with quote

Hello there athenajm.

Who is Stephew Fry?

Speaking of Jesus. In one of the Christmas specials, someone was in the audience who resembled Jesus, and was pointed out by one of the panelists. Who was that guy?

Zebra57
882877.  Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:30 am Reply with quote

Hi, Athenajm

If Phil Jupitus can be mistaken for Jesus, could that make Johnny Vegas Johnny the Baptist?

Bondee
882879.  Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:40 am Reply with quote

I'm wondering how Phill Jupitus can be mistaken for Phil Jupitus. Who is Phil Jupitus?

Prof Wind Up Merchant wrote:
Speaking of Jesus. In one of the Christmas specials, someone was in the audience who resembled Jesus, and was pointed out by one of the panelists. Who was that guy?

An audience member. Although IIRC he did look a bit like a younger, slightly hairier, Bob Harris.

pola
882932.  Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:27 am Reply with quote

I swore I watched that one the other night and wondered why they were talking about baby Jesus and i heard the ickle baby bit. It will be on my recorded ones, will check.

AlmondFacialBar
889401.  Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:34 pm Reply with quote

Zebra57 wrote:
Hi, Athenajm

If Phil Jupitus can be mistaken for Jesus, could that make Johnny Vegas Johnny the Baptist?

He sure should be then...

:-)

AlmondFacialBar

MinervaMoon
889480.  Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:18 pm Reply with quote

CB27 has it bang on with the Downing Street joke. There was a baby Jesus joke relying on its similarity in sound to "the baby cheeses", in the episode with Graeme Garden.

bobwilson
889485.  Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:00 pm Reply with quote

plach wrote:
Quote:
I've mixed up the baby Jesus with Phil Jupitus

If Phil Jupitus were Jesus I might become a Christian.

Erm - is this worrying or what?

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next