View previous topic | View next topic

Helpful hints and good advice

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2

bemahan
894737.  Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:30 am Reply with quote

Speaking as one who puts her cereal in the bowl* the night before to save time in the morning, that is worth serious consideration. I like the fact it saves time on keying the numbers and also 8 seconds on the cooking time.

*If you think that's dotty, bemabro actually eats his breakfast before he goes to bed to save time in the morming.

swot
894746.  Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:31 am Reply with quote

Doesn't your brother have the most awful indigestion? Shurely he could not do the pre-bed breakfast, go to bed earlier, then have breakfast in the morning?

Sadurian Mike
894747.  Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:33 am Reply with quote

Twenty minutes last thing at night is a different length of time to twenty minutes first thing in the morning.

Moosh
894767.  Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:23 pm Reply with quote

Ugh, that sounds awful. But then I'm someone who happily sacrifices sleep in order to not be rushed in the morning. I get up an hour and a half before I have to leave the flat, purely because I prefer being slightly tired to trying to get up in a hurry.

bemahan
894797.  Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:20 pm Reply with quote

Sadurian Mike wrote:
Twenty minutes last thing at night is a different length of time to twenty minutes first thing in the morning.

I agree. Unfortunately bemakids like to get to school at 7.30 am, plus bemason is of Moosh's opinion and likes an hour to get up and out.

aTao
894869.  Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:14 am Reply with quote

I expect all you hurried people already do this: When you load the dishwasher, segregate knives, forks and spoons so it takes less time to transfer them to the cutlery draw later since they will all be sorted.

masterfroggy
894873.  Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:35 am Reply with quote

I do not write a shopping list as such, but I keep track of what I need to buy by working out the ingredients in each meal and how often I will plan to cook them, cross off in my head what I already have, and just buy the rest. My wife will write a shopping list for five items, but I keep track of a hundred plus in my head. It all falls to bits when my wife cooks early something that Iíd planned on cooking later on in the week.

My tip is donít write shopping lists. Keep your till receipts and check them off as you go, that way you know what you have used, and what you need to shop for next week. (Basically this is what I do, but I keep track of it all in my head) By not buying thing I already have, I save £15 -£17 per week.

NinOfEden
894961.  Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:36 am Reply with quote

Brighten up a dull supermarket trip by seeing how fast you can push your trolley without crashing into anyone.

cornixt
894983.  Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:21 am Reply with quote

aTao wrote:
I expect all you hurried people already do this: When you load the dishwasher, segregate knives, forks and spoons so it takes less time to transfer them to the cutlery draw later since they will all be sorted.

Except that then they tend to bunch up and spoon each other (or fork and knife each other...) so they don't get washed properly.

NinOfEden
894987.  Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:29 am Reply with quote

Wash them in a sink instead - they get cleraner, smell better, + don't get scratched.

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2