View previous topic | View next topic

Series B - Bats episode - The Dion Quintuplets.

Page 1 of 1

Rkane
890714.  Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:19 pm Reply with quote

I was re-watching the "Bats' episodes where Stephen talks about the Dion Quintuplets of Canada, he says that Mike Harris was the Canadian Prime Minister that went and apologized to the surviving Dion Quintuplets. Mike Harris though was never the Canadian Prime Minister, he was the Premier of Ontario and apologized on behalf of the Ontario Provincial Government.

CB27
891029.  Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:08 pm Reply with quote

Good catch.

This has been brought up before as a slight slip up:

post 222406

Welcome to the site.

Rkane
891257.  Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:31 am Reply with quote

CB27 wrote:
Good catch.

This has been brought up before as a slight slip up:

post 222406

Welcome to the site.

Thank you. I could not find anything on the site that mentioned it so I thought I would mention it.

Shaun
952495.  Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:53 pm Reply with quote

....Like everyone who is a fan of this show, I do love the exposure of the "obvious" answer, and the passing-on of the more "correct" information, even when the point is moot, and, so often, downright pedantic. that's the fun of this format, and Stephen carries it off brilliantly.

That said, researchers should beware of gainsaying every obvious answer, 'cos sometimes they are correct.

e.g. Canadians will tell you that igloos ARE made of snow..... the example shown of the caribou-skin shelter is authentic, but so much of the high arctic is devoid of large animals. Most igloos are snow blocks...it's the only building material. Having said that, igloo-building has been replaced by conventional housing in permanent settlements. It's a dying art.

Series "B":
I was going to comment on non-Prime Minister Mike Harris, but............

nitwit02
952558.  Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:11 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
I was going to comment on non-Prime Minister Mike Harris, but............

A wise choice - much better to forget about him completely.

Page 1 of 1