View previous topic | View next topic

Reporting a problem

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

CB27
889725.  Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:19 pm Reply with quote

I think posts such as post 889689 need to be nipped early, if not deleted.

When visitors and new users visit a website and see such personal attacks, it can put them off from joining in conversations, which will be a shame.

Gavin
889745.  Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:14 am Reply with quote

I don't think there is an excuse to commit attacks on people, no matter how much of a pain other people can be. I thought the rule was, if you need to complain about someone, you send a PM to the appropriate moderator, not attack them publicly.

CB27
889754.  Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:56 am Reply with quote

TBH, I don't have the desire to look at all postings and remember who said what and to whom, so I don't know what the beef between Harry and neo is, but I don't think it needs public airing like this, and besides, whatever the discussion, this is a website inspired by a family show and there are minors on this website, so certain language should be controlled (there are certain threads/occasions when then can be excused).

I've reported the particular post in question here as I don't think a discussion over censorship needs to spoil a discussion. Similarly, I find previous altercations between certain posters and mods over censorship sometimes derails a whole discussion, and I think it's better for such disagreements to take place away from other discussions.

Sadurian Mike
889799.  Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:15 am Reply with quote

Having just read the offending post I can only agree. That style of post really doesn't mesh with the tone of this site.

The poster in question is not exactly leaving a trail of interestingness behind him.

Oceans Edge
889816.  Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:11 am Reply with quote

Sadurian Mike wrote:
Having just read the offending post I can only agree. That style of post really doesn't mesh with the tone of this site.

The poster in question is not exactly leaving a trail of interestingness behind him.

Indeed, as offensive as that post is - thus far - it's been about the LEAST offensive thing I've seen from him

The 'options' on his poll on another post don't exactly strike me as the family friendly sort of wording one would expect from QI either.

PDR
889834.  Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:00 am Reply with quote

Harry performs the useful role of making my behaviour appear acceptablly moderate, but whether he (or indeed I) adds anything of value to the discussions is a different question.

PDR

soup
889843.  Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:21 am Reply with quote

I still think the level of insults/name calling in here is streets ahead of the same in other for(ums/ii). Sometimes for S&G I look at other for(ums/ii), it never fails to amaze me how such mouth breathers can exist. They can't spell or type a coherent sentence, any argument ( I shan't use discussion in relation to their spats) quickly degenerates into youtube type arguments. Normally I am a fairly live and let live type of guy especially as regards idiosyncratic spelling (yes Nin that includes you and your sCince ) and/or grammar, but when every second post uses "of" instead of "have" (a pet hate of mine) even I can get annoyed.

PDR
889849.  Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:50 am Reply with quote

I no what you meen - their the sort of people who should of been kicked of the interweb scinse they cant evan fram a simpul thought.

PDR

soup
889859.  Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:20 am Reply with quote

ISWYDT. LOL

PDR
889900.  Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:20 am Reply with quote

That's such an old-fashioned response - something of an acronysm in fact.

PDR

Posital
889996.  Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:29 pm Reply with quote

PDR wrote:
That's such an old-fashioned response - something of an acronysm in fact.
"Something have an aneurysm in fukt." Dufus!

barbados
889999.  Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:48 pm Reply with quote

I'll see your
soup wrote:
ISWYDT. LOL

and raise you a
LSHMSFOAMIDMT

soup
890002.  Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:04 pm Reply with quote

barbados wrote:
I'll see your
soup wrote:
ISWYDT. LOL

and raise you a
LSHMSFOAMIDMT

Laughed So Hard My Shit Fell Out And My Idiot Daughter Milked Toads?

Spoilt Victorian
890004.  Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:22 pm Reply with quote

soup wrote:
Laughed So Hard My Shit Fell Out And My Idiot Daughter Milked Toads?

I don't care if that's correct, I'm going to use it anyway!

~ V

Strawberry
890005.  Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:27 pm Reply with quote

Laughing So Hard My Sombrero Falls Off And I Drop My Taco.

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next