View previous topic | View next topic

Sport with stun guns!

Page 1 of 1

goshisanniichi
888648.  Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:05 pm Reply with quote

Okay, this is too cool and, at teh same time, silly to not show up in the next series of QI: http://bit.ly/y4I3uv !!

Sadurian Mike
888754.  Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:49 am Reply with quote

Hi goshisanniichi.

I've not followed your link yet because I don't recognise its format and am therefore somewhat wary. My cynicism when it comes to the internet knows few bounds!

Using stun guns for games and sport doesn't surprise me. It's a logical development of the likes of paintball. When I was small and living in Hong Kong I was introduced to the joys of airsoft - plastic beads fired by low-powered airguns. At the time I was warned not to shoot them at people, and the instructions confirmed this in their typically Japanese cartoon manner.

Now there are airsoft games where the idea is exactly to shoot at people. I've seen photos of the results - people covered in tiny red marks and bruises. It would certainly make you wary about being shot!

Stun guns is, I suppose, an extreme version. Not one I would be able to volunteeer for or recommend, given the potential for serious damage or death, but a logical step.

Bondee
888840.  Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:47 am Reply with quote

Sadurian Mike wrote:
I've not followed your link yet because I don't recognise its format and am therefore somewhat wary. My cynicism when it comes to the internet knows few bounds!

It's fine, Mike. It's just a url shortener, usually used on Twitter because it creates shorter urls than tinyurl.

The article can be found here.

suze
888848.  Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:01 pm Reply with quote

bit.ly is a curious beast, because the TLD .ly belongs to Libya.

The company behind it (Bitly Inc, based in New York City) is all too aware of the issues that could cause - especially after another URL shortening service using .ly was arbitrarily closed down by Tripoli. For which reason, the company's own website now lives at bitly.com, and there are said to be contingency plans to shift everything to that domain.

youtu.be is altogether less likely to run into trouble, since .be belongs to Belgium.

Bondee
888857.  Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:17 pm Reply with quote

I use is.gd. I've no idea how the people of Grenada feel about that one.

Sadurian Mike
888858.  Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:19 pm Reply with quote

Thanks both. Not quite what I had in mind when I wrote my response, but possibly just as crazy.

MrIanvez
937405.  Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:52 pm Reply with quote

I was wondering using a Stun Gun in sports is so dangerous because stun guns have high voltage electrical current shock interrupts the tiny neurological impulses that travel through the whole body to control and direct voluntary muscle movement. it is only used for a self-defense. I don't really know about this game and in so sorry if there are someone offend about my comment it is just my opinion. thank you.

jenrobzik
953117.  Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:34 am Reply with quote

ahmm!!!! for me..
i agreed with that..
Sport with stun guns!
cause these is for your all
safety..

Page 1 of 1