DXXXX

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2

mckeonj
42893.  Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:29 pm Reply with quote

No, not dictionaries, dammit!

AndyE
42933.  Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:03 pm Reply with quote

What is the etiquette on finding (an item that would be illegal in Texas) in a student bedroom?

(It happened to Suze once when attending a conference on a university campus out of term. The students were supposed to have locked away anything they weren't taking home for the hols, but this room's termtime occupant forgot.)

Was the correct etiquette:
1. to steal the item
2. to point it out to the Chambermaid and suggest that it be locked away and returned to the student at High Table
3. to use it and make no attempt to disguise the fact

or what??

samivel
42937.  Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:01 pm Reply with quote

So you're allowed to have a private arsenal in Texas but not a dxxxx? Explains a lot

gerontius grumpus
43171.  Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:09 pm Reply with quote

Is that why Dido won't do any live shows in Texas?

magic sophie
43310.  Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:43 pm Reply with quote

erm...does it have the same amount of letters as the number of X's....if so DUCKS!!! or if not how about...diaries, i do like dictionaries....I give up...lets look...

magic sophie
43311.  Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:45 pm Reply with quote

How the hell did you manage to find that out...or even researching it....I still say it would be good if it was Ducks!

Feroluce
44480.  Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:03 am Reply with quote

You can get them duck shaped, then you can hide them in plain sight by the bath :-D

tetsabb
44518.  Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:32 am Reply with quote

Quote:
What got me started is that they have what's called 'the 52% rule' in bars.
The rule states that if more than 52% of the people in the bar are armed, some have to leave.

Now that could get awesomely complicated. Do armed people only leave? And what if the unarmed become alarmed at the number of guns and all run out? Does someone have to go out and find some unarmed people and invite them in for a beer?

Quote:
You can get them duck shaped, then you can hide them in plain sight by the bath :-D

And I am really getting worried about your private habits... how do you know that?

Feroluce
44519.  Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:36 am Reply with quote

tetsabb wrote:

Now that could get awesomely complicated. Do armed people only leave? And what if the unarmed become alarmed at the number of guns and all run out? Does someone have to go out and find some unarmed people and invite them in for a beer?

I have absolutely no idea how such a silly law could be enforced, you could quite easily apply the same law to people with dirty toenails.
Quote:

And I am really getting worried about your private habits... how do you know that?

erm, how do I answer that without incriminating myself in something?...
I saw it on a website?!

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2