View previous topic | View next topic

Thread for Things In Not Very Good Taste (may be offensive)

Page 182 of 183
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 181, 182, 183  Next

Efros
1390646.  Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:10 am Reply with quote

Jenny
1390728.  Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:49 am Reply with quote

tetsabb wrote:
Just a little nick, but it stung for a while.

Are you sure "little Nick" isn't just your penis's pet name?

tetsabb
1390758.  Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:02 pm Reply with quote

Damn, I will have to change it now....

tetsabb
1390761.  Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:15 pm Reply with quote

In other news, I went and drove a newer Ford Focus that I quite like. Black, with much electronic stuff. Petrol, as opposed to the diesels I have been driving for 20+ years. If anyone has any good advise on whether to get it or not let me know
I also had a quick spin on a Fiesta, quite a sporty one. We name our cars, and the name is often prompted by the reg. The last 3 letters of the Fiesta were VAJ, so I guess it would be known as 'Fanny".

Efros
1390771.  Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:25 pm Reply with quote

We had a sky blue Vauxhall Viva SL estate many years ago (1977ish) its number was JSC 57K, quite surprised I remembered it all. It was known as Christ.

tetsabb
1390786.  Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:44 am Reply with quote

Efros wrote:
We had a sky blue Vauxhall Viva SL estate many years ago (1977ish) its number was JSC 57K, quite surprised I remembered it all. It was known as Christ.

As in, "Christ, the car has broken down again"?

Efros
1390790.  Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:02 am Reply with quote

As in Christ our saviour in a lot of situations, it met its demise one day after a 300 mile round trip. My Dad pulled up on the road outside our house, the brakes failed and the engine seized. The oil pump had failed and apparently all the associated gubbins that would warn the driver of such a failure had done so also. There was no resurrection. Our faith was transferred to a maroon Maxi 1750, who was immediately named Doris, as my Mum said she looked like a Doris, and so Doris she was dubbed.

Last edited by Efros on Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:37 am; edited 1 time in total

Efros
1390791.  Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:08 am Reply with quote

Burning question of the day answered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2554xWVfK-E&t=62s

AlmondFacialBar
1390792.  Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:12 am Reply with quote

Efros wrote:
As in Christ our saviour in a lot of situations, it met its demise one day after a 300 mile round trip. My Dad pulled up on the road outside our house, the brakes failed and the engine seized. The oil pump had failed and apparently all the associated gubbins that would warn the driver of such a failure had dones so also.

"Further investigation quickly established what it was that had happened. A meteorite had knocked a large hole in the ship. The ship had not previously detected this because the meteorite had neatly knocked out that part of the ship's processing equipment which was supposed to detect if the ship had been hit by a meteorite."

I can only assume that in its death throes the British motorcar industry started, unbeknownst to the rest of us, to take on contracts from alien species...

:-)

AlmondFacialBar

crissdee
1390867.  Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:21 pm Reply with quote

Having been a Vauxhall mechanic around that time, nothing surprises me about any failure of any system in a Vauxhall of that era....

Efros
1390871.  Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:07 pm Reply with quote

We were actually very fond of the car, it was my Dad's first as he had delayed getting a license until he had left the Navy. Same with a home telephone. It meant that not only was he not bludgeoned into driving stuff around but they also couldn't get a hold of him when he wasn't on board ship.

Jenny
1390910.  Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:51 am Reply with quote

Our first car was a very second-hand Vauxhall Viva, in 1973. I seem to recall a lot of rust, but it did us for three or four years until we could afford something better. We actually mostly drove Vauxhalls - I had an equally ancient Nova as my first car that was just mine, and my then husband drove a Vauxhall Cavalier that we bought new, which did us fine until he bought a new Renault Megane in a design which was much more attractive in 2000 than it became a few years later.

I've driven Volvos and VWs since I came to this side of the Atlantic, since neither Vauxhalls nor Renaults are available here.

jaygeemack
1390931.  Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:57 am Reply with quote

I had a few Cavaliers - great cars.

PDR
1390938.  Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:44 pm Reply with quote

Never confuse anything made by Vauxhall with motor cars. The Nova was named in a spirit of euro-fervour from the Franglais "Non-Va" ("no go", because so often they didn't). Their only notable feature was a strong tendency to styling (highly praised by guide-dog-owners throughout the land) that made John Major look positively racey and avant garde, and performance & handling almost up to the levels achieve by covered wagons as they crossed the prairies...

PDR

AlmondFacialBar
1390939.  Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:47 pm Reply with quote

PDR wrote:
Never confuse anything made by Vauxhall with motor cars. The Nova was named in a spirit of euro-fervour from the Franglais "Non-Va" ("no go", because so often they didn't). Their only notable feature was a strong tendency to styling (highly praised by guide-dog-owners throughout the land) that made John Major look positively racey and avant garde, and performance & handling almost up to the levels achieve by covered wagons as they crossed the prairies...

PDR

There definitely is a reason why in Germany not even Opel drivers think of Opels as cool...

:-)

AlmondFacialBar

Page 182 of 183
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 181, 182, 183  Next