View previous topic | View next topic

twirling ballerina advert

Page 1 of 3
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

gruff5
874814.  Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:09 am Reply with quote

Have you seen this on various websites? The one that asks you to decide which way she is turning and find out whether you are "right or left-brained" etc

I see her as going clockwise (from above) - I think! I have really tried to see her going in the other direction, even for a second, without success.

Anyone succeeded in "turning the lady"?

Ameena
874820.  Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:58 am Reply with quote

If it's the optical illusion I'm thinking of, if you watch it for long enough she "starts turning the other way". There's a similar illusion where there's a sort of framework of a cube which seems to change its orientation or something. These illusions first appear one way, then after a few seconds seem to "change", then after a while they "change back again", and so on.

'yorz
874822.  Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:12 am Reply with quote

The lady is definitely for turning. Nea problem.

Southpaw
874827.  Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:54 am Reply with quote

The cube you are referring to, Ameena, is called a Necker Cube:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Necker_cube

gruff5
874841.  Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:57 am Reply with quote

Ameena wrote:
If it's the optical illusion I'm thinking of...

Sounds like it, this one -

I can't get her to change from counter-clockwise for me, no matter how long I look. I tried covering her up apart with my hand, except for the foot near the floor and start from "the ground up". But that doesn't work, because the foot isn't drawn correctly and just flaps back-and-forth, disjointed from her body!

Or maybe it's impossible to draw that foot correctly, so that's why the ballerina does the peculiar bouncing up&down, to distract you from that aberration.

masterfroggy
874846.  Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:06 am Reply with quote

I can, by concentrating on her centre mass and as her leg 'comes' towards me, make it look as if she is first swinging clockwise and then swing counter-clockwise, but If I try to focus too hard, she starts to swing back to opposite way. She never seems to swing the same direction each time I look at her

soup
874865.  Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:48 am Reply with quote

I see her revolving both ways but I can't seem to influence what way she appears to rotate.

Southpaw
874875.  Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:19 am Reply with quote

I find that I can only see her rotating anti-clockwise if I scroll the page to a point where I can just see her foot. Then when I scroll up she remains going anti-clockwise. When I just bring up the whole image its clockwise all the way.

otyikondo
874879.  Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:31 am Reply with quote

She started out clockwise, went anti-clockwise after about ten seconds, then remained stubbornly anti-clockwise for half a minute or so, before I brought her back to my original way of thinking.

Can I have my minute back?

'yorz
874880.  Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:33 am Reply with quote

I do it at will. I have to concentrate, and then will her to switch direction.
Similar to those pictures that were popular a while ago, where there were repetitive rows of patterns, and when you (un)focussed on one spot suddenly a 3-D image would emerge.

Southpaw
874890.  Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:48 am Reply with quote

Quote:
I do it at will.

What about the ballerina?

badumtish

'yorz
874894.  Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:54 am Reply with quote

She's but a pawn.

soup
874906.  Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:18 am Reply with quote

'yorz wrote:

Similar to those pictures that were popular a while ago, where there were repetitive rows of patterns, and when you (un)focussed on one spot suddenly a 3-D image would emerge.

Autostereograms.

'yorz
874915.  Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:41 am Reply with quote

Chucks. I can now only see that in negative: an upright hollow oblong on the left with about 3 hollow circles to its right, each with a slightly raised central bit.

soup
874919.  Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:45 am Reply with quote

The underlying image.

Page 1 of 3
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next