View previous topic | View next topic

What is the Bilderburg group?

Page 22 of 22
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22

joeontheland
875889.  Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:31 pm Reply with quote

So you encapsulate the word sly in a derogatory fashion which is mirrored by the previous post and is nothing short of a world class oxymoron.

Your insinuation that i am some how desperate says more to the wise eye than it does to the indoctrinated capitalist robot. It is clear to me that you couldn't answer my question so you attempted to put on a further display of long words and fruity sentences to impress like minded drones, who hang on to your every word like you are the gospel of all truth.

I believe you to be a clever man, quite old, with the wisdom of a malnourished crocodile. It is quite reflective to the observations in my mind as to the type of person it takes to prop this awful system up, I am quite positive that this system has made you a fortune and you take great pride in this I am sure. What a knock to your artificial identification to find that it is all but a stack of loosely placed jenga pieces.

I hope you find truth, maybe in the next life.

Namaste.

exnihilo
875897.  Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:58 pm Reply with quote

Can I order dinner with this show?

Neotenic
875899.  Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:03 pm Reply with quote

Ha!

Sorry dude, but you can't stomp off (again!) because people are attacking you personally, and then come back and compare me to a 'malnourished crocodile'

As it stands, I'll take that as a compliment - so perfectly evolved that it has barely changed in millions of years, ruthless and efficient. And snappy.

I don't know what you class as 'quite old' but does mid-thirties count?

And, as it so happens, I do work for an organisation, and have worked for organisations, that have regularly been the subject of conspiracy-type theories. And, every single one of them has been hysterically false.

I know it's probably going to drive you tonto, but I'm not about to break my confidentiality agreements for the sake of winning an internet argument.

Jenny
875904.  Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:40 pm Reply with quote

I haven't uttered a word of personal attack on anybody, least of all Joe. Pointing out some problems with facts is not an attack.

And I'm rolling in the aisles here at the image of Neo as a wizened old crocodile - in another fifty years maybe!

Spike
875927.  Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:53 pm Reply with quote

I have it on good authority* that this is a recent picture of Neo

*My own.

Spud McLaren
875934.  Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:11 pm Reply with quote

Odd. I could've sworn he had more hair.

PDR
875940.  Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:04 pm Reply with quote

He did have, but Joe's circular arguments have caused him to tear it all out.

PDR

Leith
875953.  Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:14 pm Reply with quote

dr.bob wrote:
My point is: China has a bank that's largely nationalised, yet their economy seems to have done rather better than ours in recent years. Doesn't this provide a datum point that nationalised banks (or, at least, mostly nationalised banks) can operate well?

Or is it only a matter of time until political pressures force the bank into doing something stupid that will ruin their economy?

The Chinese government and bank may well have some tricky decisions ahead.

According to Will Hutton*, the Chinese public have needed to save heavily for their old age, as they have little state pension to look forward to and can't rely on a large family to support them due to the 'one child policy'. Much of the investment that China has poured into its economy in recent times comes from these savings.

The generation that was of child bearing age when the one child policy came into force in 1978 is now reaching retirement age and will want to draw on those savings, potentially making it much harder for China to sustain its recent levels of investment and economic growth.

* source: The Writing on the Wall: China and The West in the 21st Century

tetsabb
875968.  Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:27 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
The generation that was of child bearing age when the one child policy came into force in 1978 is now reaching retirement age

Ahem.. I was 21 in 1978, and am now 54 -- no sign of retirement yet! But I see the point

Spike
875996.  Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:03 am Reply with quote

Spud McLaren wrote:
Odd. I could've sworn he had more hair.

De nile.

RLDavies
876038.  Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:48 am Reply with quote

The Chinese economy has enjoyed a boom time, mainly because China has been able to market itself internationally as a vast pool of very cheap labour.

Now that the Chinese population is beginning to demand higher wages and better working conditions, the country won't be nearly so attractive as a manufacturing centre. I predict a rockier period ahead.

CB27
876119.  Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:27 pm Reply with quote

One of the shocking results of China's boom, and rising wages, is that there has been an incredible increase in abductions of children and mentally handicapped people who are then forced into slave labour.

dr.bob
876346.  Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:17 am Reply with quote

Neotenic wrote:
Quote:
When the banks hit the most recent crisis, they had to turn to the tax payer to help them out. Would this strategy not merely be made easier if the banks were already owned by the state?

No - what it would mean is that the state would have to turn to someone else for help instead. Either the bond markets or the IMF, probably - and at that stage, help would not come cheap.

Is this basically what happened with Greece, Ireland, and Italy?

Neotenic
876361.  Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:55 am Reply with quote

Yes and no.

In all cases, what began as a crisis in the financial sector has metamorphosised into a soverign debt crisis, pulling in other factors along the way.

But this needn't necessicarily have been the case - as we have seen in other, stronger economies whose financial sectors have been equally affected by the crisis - like ours and Germany's.

The point is that our governments were able to step in as 'lenders of last resort', and take steps to stabilise the situation. And it is in trying to do this that the smaller economies have had big problems.

Ireland, for example, boldly offered unlimited guarantees on their domestic banks, but the cost of this was so enormous that made external intervention an inevitability.

But, if the government were acting as banker to all it's citizens and corporations already, in times of difficulty, even those in the future that may not be as severe as this last crisis, the external funding route would be the only option open to them. The other alternative would be expanding the money supply with far more wild abandon than we have seen through the quantitative easing programmes, which in turn could well set serious currency devaluation and inflation issues running at speed.

Plus, any damage to the credibility of the financial sector would be equally damaging to the credibility of the state - and then the credit rating downgrade cycle would start too, which would only amplify the other problems, locking the economy into a tailspin.

Page 22 of 22
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22