View previous topic | View next topic

How come tonights episode is a repeat??

Page 9 of 9
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Confucius
880555.  Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:25 pm Reply with quote

Idleness will be shown Feb 10 at 22:00 on BBC 2, according to DigiGuide.

Sadly no sign of the XL version, one imagines we will have to wait for Dave to oblige.

Edit:It appears this is now incorrect, DigiGuide updated and details for this episode are now absent.

Confucius
892711.  Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:37 am Reply with quote

Well, it would be nice to replace my dodgy, qualitatively speaking, YouTube copy, but short of any tv transmission I guess it will have to do for now.

suze
892822.  Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:56 pm Reply with quote

it's been three months, and Jeremy of Doncaster has blighted our TV screens any number of times in those three months.

So it might be nice if the BBC were to break its deafening silence and tell us when we might actually be allowed to see Idleness. (Or if it would rather tell us that we're never going to be allowed to see it, then at least have the decency to say so.)

Posital
892875.  Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:11 am Reply with quote

NickFromFulham wrote:
Anyway, as I posted earlier, you're liars.
Just a grammatical point.

On style more than anything else.

"You're liars" just doesn't sound right. "You're all liars" seems much better.

Do people agree - is it a matter of style - or is there some "rule" that's being transgressed?

brunel
892878.  Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:12 am Reply with quote

suze wrote:
it's been three months, and Jeremy of Doncaster has blighted our TV screens any number of times in those three months.

So it might be nice if the BBC were to break its deafening silence and tell us when we might actually be allowed to see Idleness. (Or if it would rather tell us that we're never going to be allowed to see it, then at least have the decency to say so.)

Not only that, but on Top Gear both he and the other presenters have repeatedly joked about the incident which got him into trouble in the first place. If they were happy to broadcast that on Top Gear - even allowing for the way Top Gear deliberately courts controversy - you would have thought that they'd be prepared to show that episode by now.

Just Say No To Vorderman
893655.  Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:46 am Reply with quote

I echo the previous posters..come on BBC..show the fekking programme

PDR
893657.  Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:57 am Reply with quote

brunel wrote:
Not only that, but on Top Gear both he and the other presenters have repeatedly joked about the incident which got him into trouble in the first place.

I think "repeatedly" is possibly over-stating it. I think there have been two references - one prior to the Ofcom ruling and one after.

But I agree that in continuing to withold the programme the BBC schedulers are clearly showing that they deserve to be taken outside and executed in front of their families.

PDR

Confucius
904565.  Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:31 am Reply with quote

Digiguide now has Idleness slated for transmission on Star Wars day at 22:00.

No word of the XL version at this time, however.

Edit: Confirmed on the BBC's website:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006ml0g/broadcasts/upcoming

Page 9 of 9
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9