View previous topic | View next topic

How come tonights episode is a repeat??

Page 8 of 9
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

soup
871861.  Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:25 am Reply with quote

Traveller69 wrote:
t will be broadcast eventually, and by then you can watch it for free as well.

Klaxon :-

My license fee (well a proportion of it) goes towards this show, so I am paying for it whenever it gets shown.

PDR
871866.  Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:11 am Reply with quote

Traveller69 wrote:
And as is the case with most comparisons, this one does not quite hit the nail (imho). It will be broadcast eventually, and by then you can watch it for free as well.

As is the case with most attempts to justify criminal behaviour, this one does not quite hit the nail (imho). Whilst it will be broadcast eventually it will only be legally viewable by UK license-fee payers and certain other organisations which have paid fees for the privillage. There's a world of difference between that and putting it on youtube where it is available to people who haven't contributed. Is it your normal practice to promote sponging and theft?

PDR

soup
871872.  Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:39 am Reply with quote

Pete wrote:
Willie wrote:
Pete wrote:
If so, I'm not callin' you liars or anything, but isn't that a bit 'sad"?
In fact, unless you work for the Beeb's legal & marketing office or something, I'd refer to you as 'pompous idiots'.

So it's ok if I come into your work, take what you produce without permission and give copies of it out to thousands of people without you getting paid is it?

I'd rather be a pompous idiot than be part of the 'I'm entitled to what I want, when I want it and for free' throng.

I don't think I've ever read anything with less meaning than this.

Perfectly clear to me . First a comparison of stealing someone's work for nothing. Then a statement that the poster( Willie) would rather be (thought of as) a "pompous idiot" than a thief.

PDR
871876.  Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:47 am Reply with quote

Soup, that's amazing - you quoted a post before it had been posted!

Have you just bought one of those new mega-fast i9 processors that can process faster than light?

PDR

Neotenic
871891.  Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:41 pm Reply with quote

Incidentally, I've been having a scoot through some of the comments attached to some of the re-uploaded videos.

We all know that, with Youtube comments, you are never really more than three posts away from being told to 'fuck off and die, you gaylord', so I think I shall refrain from partaking.

But one recurring theme is 'fuck the BBC', closely followed by 'fuck Youtube' which is too funny for words. Are people really stupid enough not to see the inherent conflict in those statements and their context?

soup
871930.  Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:16 pm Reply with quote

PDR wrote:

Have you just bought one of those new mega-fast i9 processors that can process faster than light?

It's not one of those i9s, but it does have time travel capabilities.

PDR
871936.  Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:36 pm Reply with quote

Did you nick it from the control room of Babylon IV?

PDR

exnihilo
871937.  Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:42 pm Reply with quote

You made that joke tomorrow.

Jud
871939.  Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:44 pm Reply with quote

Neotenic wrote:

I certainly wouldn't rule out the possibility that the outcome of the investigation is a message to the complainants to grow the fuck up, albeit in slightly more diplomatic language.

Oh, I would. This is Ofcom we're talking about here. They practically thrive on complaints and usually go out of their way to try and justify them.

Anyway, thanks to soup et all for the explanation Re. series I. I must've missed loads somehow or other. Only seems like a couple of weeks ago since the series started.

PDR
871949.  Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:04 pm Reply with quote

exnihilo wrote:
You made that joke tomorrow.

Not yet, but I will yesterday.

PDR

Neotenic
871978.  Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:28 pm Reply with quote

I'm going to have been confused.

PDR
872064.  Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:04 am Reply with quote

My work here was done.

PDR

soup
872069.  Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:33 am Reply with quote

PDR wrote:
Did you nick it from the control room of Babylon IV?

PDR

Nope; "C" hall at the Large Hadron Collider.

Confucius
872156.  Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:54 am Reply with quote

I can't understand the pulling of 'Idleness' in the wake of the nonsensical furore concerning Mr Clarkson's humourous comments.

However, when we are to be treated to a XL repeat series 8 episode 1, according to Digiguide anyway, rather than the 'offending' episode, I wonder whether someone has slipped opium into the BBC zampolit's mung beans.

Last edited by Confucius on Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Leith
872194.  Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:40 pm Reply with quote

soup wrote:
PDR wrote:

It's not one of those i9s, but it does have time travel capabilities.

Mine does that. I keep logging in for five minutes, then finding myself in the following day.

Page 8 of 9
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next