View previous topic | View next topic

How come tonights episode is a repeat??

Page 1 of 9
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

andyp71
869673.  Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:10 pm Reply with quote

Please tell me I'm not going mad....tonights episode is a repeat isnt it? and why?? or is it all part of the I theme and it's an imitation?? ;-)

Keiichi
869675.  Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:15 pm Reply with quote

I wonder if it's something to do with tonight's originally-planned episode having Clarkson on the panel...

Spud McLaren
869676.  Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:16 pm Reply with quote

If that is so, it'd incline me rather more to the view that bobwilson is right in his rants about the BBC.

Tesler
869677.  Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:17 pm Reply with quote

That was my thinking. I think they'll hold the episode back until after the end of the current series.

Bondee
869679.  Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:18 pm Reply with quote

post 869584

andyp71
869682.  Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:27 pm Reply with quote

Ah nice one guys.....Don't know why the beeb is so scared, everyone knows Jezzer doesn't mean or believe the things he says! And those that do probably dont have the IQ to watch QI anyway ;-) :-p
I'm sure some people sitting around waiting to be offended!!

andyp71
869683.  Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:28 pm Reply with quote

oops! *sit*.....what was I saying about IQ ;-)

Keiichi
869684.  Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:30 pm Reply with quote

Delaying our enjoyment of QI just by being there... Damn, but Clarkson just lives to piss people off, doesn't he...

He's becoming more toxic by the week - a caricature of himself that he feels compelled to play up to. Top Gear used to be funny, but now his self-importance has ruined it completely. Not watched it for 2-3 series now; if it was Hammond, May and that Jason Dawe character they resurrected the show with it'd probably be alright, but Clarkson's ridiculous ego suffocates the whole shebang.

So he doesn't really mean what he says - that makes it alright, does it? Bollocks. He thinks he's bulletproof, and that's often when a hard, hard fall is just waiting around the corner. Thinks he can say whatever the hell he likes and get away with it because he can always say "oh, I didn't really MEAN it" - my arse. How much stuff does he slip in the middle of it all that he DOES mean?

In short - don't feed the troll and he'll go away soon enough. I hope he doesn't get asked back for Series J.

suze
869689.  Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:44 pm Reply with quote

Just who thought that repeated Jimmy Carr was an acceptable substitute for the Dara Briain we were meant to get today, I cannot imagine.

If Mr Carr were doing a free gig a five minute walk from my home, I wouldn't go - he just isn't funny. So we didn't bother watching QI this week, and got our Dara DVD out instead.

PDR
869693.  Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:58 pm Reply with quote

Clarkson's popularity is as high as it's ever been - except for the faux offendedness of a few brainless Trade Union extremists bent on removing freedom of speach and dragging the nation into a soviet-style "utopia".

The problem here is the BBC's absolute subjection to the will of the Unions, indicating that the BBC's senior management should be replaced en masse with non-gelded people of stature. In fact to be quite candide I suggest that selected highlights (perhaps a decimation) of the BBC's senior management should be executed in front of their families in a veritable Byng-fest.

Not that I feel strongly about it or anything...

PDR

Spud McLaren
869694.  Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:08 pm Reply with quote

suze wrote:
If Mr Carr were doing a free gig a five minute walk from my home, I wouldn't go - he just isn't funny.
I note that Mr. Carr's DVD release this Christmas is called Being Funny. Well, there's a first time for everything, but I wouldn't be surprised if it falls foul of the Trades Descriptions Act...

rashond
869735.  Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:46 am Reply with quote

How is stating that you don't really care about the strikes and making a synical remark about the BBC-Balance a reason to not broadcast an episode?

soup
869746.  Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:05 am Reply with quote

suze wrote:
J- he just isn't funny.

I think you have run out of (IMHO)s so you can use this one.

Bianco
869751.  Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:33 am Reply with quote

soup wrote:
suze wrote:
J- he just isn't funny.

I think you have run out of (IMHO)s so you can use this one.

What? Are you trying to indicate that comedy is actually subjective? I'm baffled.

PDR
869800.  Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:01 pm Reply with quote

Suze has come clean and admitted that she enjoys X-factor, so I am equally happy to admit that I enjoy Top Gear. As a light entertainment programme I find it amusing, and it's good to see something that isn't cookery, gardening or talent[sic] shows.

PDR

Page 1 of 9
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next