View previous topic | View next topic

How come tonights episode is a repeat??

Page 3 of 9
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Keetoz
870332.  Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:19 am Reply with quote

For those that haven't seen it, comedian Stewart Lee's demolition of the Clarkson 'It was only a joke' tenet is well worth a look on YouTube

Theblazeuk
870353.  Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:41 am Reply with quote

PDR wrote:

The problem here is the BBC's absolute subjection to the will of the unions

Replace unions with "the public as expressed in complaints" and you're more on the ball.

Also the reason this episode was available on iplayer is fairly straightforward...(i.e. something went wrong)

Moosh
870364.  Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:04 am Reply with quote

suze wrote:
2. How came the unbroadcast XL to appear briefly on iPlayer? I'm not sure that I will believe any claim that it was a mistake; has the person who "accidentally" put it up on iPlayer also been banished to the outer darkness?

You're choosing conspiracy over cock-up, suze? The BBC is rather large and unwieldy as an organisation. Wouldn't surprise me in the least that when the decision was made to not broadcast no one thought to tell someone to take it off the iPlayer upload list. Or even that anyone at the decision-making level has any idea how things get uploaded to iPlayer and that they needed to do that.

solent
870380.  Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:43 pm Reply with quote

Below is the BBCs response to my complaint. Note that I specifically complained about XL of Saturday, so they either didn't fully read my message, or have had so many complaints that they've created a boiler plate text for the issue (actually, it' probably just boiler plate text for any rescheduled show with a 'select programme' drop down).

I'm very disappointed they made no attempt to answer my questions, such as why was it pulled and when will it now be shown. Is there any way I can make a complaint about the BBCs complaints department?

Oh, and I assume 'audience log' is a synonym for 'waste paper basket'.

Message follows:
Dear Mr SUTTON
Thank you for contacting us about 'QI' on BBC Two. We appreciate your interest in the programme and understand you were disappointed with the change to the scheduled edition on 9 December 2011.

Its not unusual for the running order of programmes to change and the displaced episode will be shown at a later date but we regret any disappointment caused to viewers who were looking forward to watching it on Friday.

Id also like to assure you we've registered your comments on our audience log which is the internal report of audience feedback we compile daily, made available to programme makers and senior management within the BBC. The audience logs are important documents that can help shape future decisions and ensures your points, and all other comments we receive, are also made available to staff across the BBC.

Thanks again for taking the time to contact us.
Kind Regards
BBC Complaints

Jenny
870381.  Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:52 pm Reply with quote

Keetoz wrote:
For those that haven't seen it, comedian Stewart Lee's demolition of the Clarkson 'It was only a joke' tenet is well worth a look on YouTube

I like Stewart Lee, but I can't find that particular clip - have you got a link?

NickFromFulham
870430.  Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:50 pm Reply with quote

I have difficulty deciding who are the bigger idiots, the people that took the clown Clarkson's comments seriously enough to complain or the powers that be at the Beeb for pulling an episode of QI just because he was a panelist.

'It's political correctness gone mad'.

Willie
870432.  Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:59 pm Reply with quote

NickFromFulham wrote:
I have difficulty deciding who are the bigger idiots, the people that took the clown Clarkson's comments seriously enough to complain or the powers that be at the Beeb for pulling an episode of QI just because he was a panelist.

In a free country Clarkson has every right to hold his views and make his inane jokes.

However, in the same light, anybody else has just as much right to complain about them.

Calling Clarkson a clown is doing a serious disservice to people who actually are clowns.

As to the Beeb, it was a stupid decision that added nothing to any debate on the issue, but just came across as pointless.

Zebra57
870446.  Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:47 am Reply with quote

Welcome NickfromFulham

Keetoz
870454.  Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:30 am Reply with quote

Jenny:

You should find the Stewart Lee clip here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7CnMQ4L9Pc (if not search for Stewart Lee Top Gear)

clack
870499.  Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:35 am Reply with quote

NickFromFulham wrote:

Are you the NickFromFulham? If so, I salute thee.

NickFromFulham
870526.  Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:57 pm Reply with quote

clack wrote:
NickFromFulham wrote:

Are you the NickFromFulham? If so, I salute thee.

Yep, that be me, salute right back @ you.

PDR
870532.  Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:59 pm Reply with quote

It seams that the BBC now regret their knee-jerk apology to the jerks, and now have a more rational position on this issue:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-16183485

PDR

sjb
870537.  Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:14 pm Reply with quote

Welcome NickFromFulham!

Willie
870543.  Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:05 pm Reply with quote

PDR wrote:
It seams that the BBC now regret their knee-jerk apology to the jerks, and now have a more rational position on this issue:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-16183485

PDR

I'm sorry but Patten isn't the BBC, he is a political appointee there to push through Conservative cuts.

Strawberry
870544.  Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:05 pm Reply with quote

Hi, NickFromFulham; welcome to QI.

Page 3 of 9
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next