View previous topic | View next topic

How come tonights episode is a repeat??

Page 2 of 9
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Keiichi
869838.  Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:25 pm Reply with quote

Actually, I think this week’s ep has been pulled altogether. Or at least until Clarkson’s back to his cuddly jolly-old-casual-racist-oh-I-don’t-really-mean-it self: Linky

The TV Guide app on my phone was showing Episode 14 of 16 for this week. Now, for next week, it’s showing Episode 14 of 15 - and that’s the first of two QI VGs. And we haven’t even had the BRIAN BLESSED! episode yet.

Daft thing was, I remember seeing a full-front page headline on The Scum: THE TROLL, about a waster who trolled a FB tribute page of someone who’d been killed. And yet at the same time they have the Troll-in-Chief writing for them on a regular basis.

Cube
869870.  Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:45 pm Reply with quote

It hasn't been pulled altogether, it's already been placed on the iPlayer.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b018jpj9/QI_XL_Series_I_Idleness/

Zebra57
869885.  Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:13 pm Reply with quote

I watched it and will never eat a Cream Cracker again!

soup
869911.  Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:03 am Reply with quote

Must have missed my opportunity.

Sorry, this programme is not available to watch again .

PDR
870040.  Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:49 pm Reply with quote

But the XL edition IS on youtube (in 3 parts).

I'm shocked that no one has complained about Ross Noble making jokes about electric chairs in this episode...

PDR

Bondee
870043.  Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:12 pm Reply with quote

PDR wrote:
I'm shocked that no one has complained about Ross Noble making jokes about electric chairs in this episode...

They did, but Clarkson took them outside to be shot.

PDR
870088.  Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:10 am Reply with quote

But only aftyer offering them some nice cheese & crackers...

PDR

Jenny
870171.  Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:55 am Reply with quote

Yet again, Ross Noble made me laugh quite immoderately. For a moderator.

PDR
870177.  Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:13 pm Reply with quote

I now gather that the BBC have demanded that it be removed from youtube as well. Just what great wrong are the BBC trying to protect the public from?

This hardly seems appropriate behaviour for a public-service broadcaster.

PDR

cwickham
870220.  Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:01 pm Reply with quote

PDR wrote:
I now gather that the BBC have demanded that it be removed from youtube as well. Just what great wrong are the BBC trying to protect the public from?

This hardly seems appropriate behaviour for a public-service broadcaster.

PDR

It was infringing on copyright by being uploaded. You really can't complain that it got pulled, the BBC had every right to get it taken down. Note that they didn't demand specifically that episode was pulled; the uploader had every episode of QI, Buzzcocks, WILTY, Mock the Week, and loads of other British comedy stuff uploaded. It was probably this episode (linked to by @UKComedynews and other sources) that helped them to cotton onto it, though.

PDR
870247.  Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:54 pm Reply with quote

I thought the BBC allowed their stuff to go on youtube - don't they have their own "channel" or something?

PDR

suze
870248.  Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:21 pm Reply with quote

Yes. But you'll appreciate that there is a difference between the BBC deciding to release its own product to YouTube, and other people doing so without the BBC's permission. Mind you, since the BBC has arbitrarily decided that we're not allowed to see this particular episode, I can understand why the guy in Fulham did take that slightly naughty action.

The silence of the QI Management on this matter has been nearly as deafening as the BBC's silence on the Points of View forum - I can only imagine that the guys have been told that they are not to comment.

Therefore, I shall ask two questions, safe in the knowledge that the BBC won't answer them.

1. There was an episode of Top Gear on BBC3 last Thursday (currently available on iPlayer), and another is scheduled for this Thursday. Why is it OK to broadcast that show in which Mr Clarkson is the central character, but not another show in which he has a lesser role?

2. How came the unbroadcast XL to appear briefly on iPlayer? I'm not sure that I will believe any claim that it was a mistake; has the person who "accidentally" put it up on iPlayer also been banished to the outer darkness?

Bondee
870251.  Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:24 pm Reply with quote

suze wrote:
2. How came the unbroadcast XL to appear briefly on iPlayer? I'm not sure that I will believe any claim that it was a mistake; has the person who "accidentally" put it up on iPlayer also been banished to the outer darkness?

<broken record>
He's been taken out the back and shot.
</broken record>

cwickham
870280.  Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:16 pm Reply with quote

PDR wrote:
I thought the BBC allowed their stuff to go on youtube - don't they have their own "channel" or something?

PDR

Yes, because there's no difference between the BBC uploading short clips from their programmes and somebody uploading entire episodes of shows he doesn't own the rights to.

Head, meet desk.

Zebra57
870316.  Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:49 am Reply with quote

QIXL Idleness has now returned to iplayer.

Page 2 of 9
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next