View previous topic | View next topic

cor happy accidents in whitstable ?

Page 1 of 1

ickies
39933.  Fri Dec 16, 2005 6:25 pm Reply with quote

you could see him on a bicycle but now he has a memorial bench

jellyjim
83345.  Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:42 pm Reply with quote

no no no it was The Jelly Botties who sang "Peter Cushing Lives In Whitstable" not the Happy Accidents. The two bands were around at the same time and one of the "Accidents" admited to me just a couple of weeks ago that he used to claim the song was theirs, but it wasnt it was the "JBs" I know cos not only was I a "Botty" but I wrote it with Deek the guitarist. so there.

jellyjim
94464.  Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:00 pm Reply with quote

you can now download the original version of "Peter Cushing Lives In Whitstable " by the Jellybotties at www.tiptopwebsites.com/deekstar

whelkwoman
258764.  Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:37 pm Reply with quote

ickies wrote:
you could see him on a bicycle but now he has a memorial bench
YES he does - in a way... It was actually commissioned by Peter Cushing to dedicate to his beloved wife. (Commissioned via The Whitstable Artists & Musicians Co-op) Originally made for their private garden, after Peter died, it was left to the town. Made by (a member of W.A.M.Co & the Happy Accidents) William Glanfield in 1995-6? using reclaimed sea defence wood (groynes) from the beach, it was inspired by the Lutyens benches at Sissinghurst Castle. It's a beautiful, curvaceous and sensual thing - don't miss the curlew carved on the back, Peter specifically requested this detail. Currently, you can find the bench by the steps, over the sea wall, at Reeves Beech carpark, Whitstable. x

Ps. If you're lucky enough, after dark & if you're very very patient... you may also find various former Jellybotties, Trouser Trumpets & Happy Accidents providing top class silliness & tasteful tunes in the town.

Page 1 of 1