View previous topic | View next topic

QI DVD

Page 1 of 1

Gilbert
39151.  Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:21 pm Reply with quote

Came across the following review - what does everyone think?

There are few public figures who achieve great things throughout long careers. Many more have a few years working with reasonable projects, have a few great performances, and then move to crapper and crapper stuff, diminishing in all qualities, it seems, except commercial ones. With this in mind, haven’t you had enough of Stephen Fry? Really? Oh. Well then, you can, if you insist, buy this DVD. It gives you the ability to have him sneer and gurn at you in a variety of ‘amusing’ ways. And there is no limit to the amount of times he will, bumbling, pretentious and unctuous, tell you that you are wrong. Ha ha. He also tells you stuff about other stuff. A cunning DVD remote controller could probably manipulate the various clips of video, using title and root menus, to create the illusion that Stephen Fry is in fact interacting directly with you, and is your friend. And, to be quite frank, if you want to buy this ‘game’, then you probably need one.

JumpingJack
39198.  Tue Dec 13, 2005 6:33 pm Reply with quote

Hi Gilbert,

May we have source for this review, as is our usual practice here?

The reviewer seems unnecessarily cross.

Frederick The Monk
39214.  Wed Dec 14, 2005 4:12 am Reply with quote

It certainly sounds like someone got out of the bed on the wrong side this morning.

Natalie
39307.  Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:11 am Reply with quote

One has to think to two's self...if said person hates Mr. Fry so much, then why offer to review the QI DVD? He/she has obviously got no sense of humour. We reall do need a source.

eggshaped
39337.  Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:55 am Reply with quote

Quote:
there is no limit to the amount of times he will [...], tell you that you are wrong

Surely it is limited by the amount of times you get the questions wrong. Something tells me this reviewer was a little frustrated at his lack of QI knowledge.

Though, as someone who will not play the game until the 25th, I should maybe hold back my judgement.

Gray
74722.  Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:25 am Reply with quote

The QI Interactive DVD has just been voted 'Best of the Year' by Home Entertainment Weekly, the biggest UK magazine in the industry. Hurrah!

They don't seem to have a website, strangely... Perhaps they think people only browse the web at 'work', and only get entertained at 'home'...

Cummerbund for Geography
74744.  Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:29 am Reply with quote

I got the QI DVD for Christmas, played it for about two hours, got bored and, I'm sorry to say haven't touched it since.

Still, as John Simpson once said: "I don't care as long as he bought it."

Andrew
74876.  Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:51 am Reply with quote

Cummerbund for Geography wrote:
I got the QI DVD for Christmas, played it for about two hours, got bored and, I'm sorry to say haven't touched it since.

BORED with it? How can you say that sort of thing here?!? I couldn't put my DVD remote down until I'd finished!

jimmyc99
74899.  Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:21 pm Reply with quote

I loved it at first but quickly found the dead ends to become tiresome and found myself deliberately trying to pick 3 wrong answers to ensure that I didn't get sidelined.

I think the last straw was when my girlfriend helpfully tidied away the scrap of paper I had with my "letters so far" written down on them.

Andrew
74940.  Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:50 pm Reply with quote

I know ALL the letters both scrambled (in order of threads) and unscrambled (the start of the path to my superb QI badge and certificate....now I'll shut up ;-)

barbados
74966.  Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:01 pm Reply with quote

What amazes me is how waving a enner in front of the telle could actually work Andrew ;-))

Andrew
75121.  Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:56 pm Reply with quote

:-P

Page 1 of 1