View previous topic | View next topic

Heartbreak

Page 61 of 62
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 60, 61, 62  Next

Efros
1383934.  Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:01 am Reply with quote

One of my newly graduated students took his own life this morning, no details but there was obviously major things going on in his life that we weren't aware of. He was not seen as being at risk by anyone. So sad.

crissdee
1383938.  Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:24 am Reply with quote

I'm guessing he was in his late teens then? What a terrible thing that one so young could see no way past whatever was troubling him. My sympathies to all who knew him.

Jenny
1383946.  Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:11 am Reply with quote

How awful Efros - just after graduation too. How sad.

tetsabb
1383950.  Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:33 am Reply with quote

Sheesh. One never can tell.
Hugz all round.

franticllama
1383951.  Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:38 am Reply with quote

That's awful news, really sorry to hear it Efros

Dix
1384914.  Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:04 am Reply with quote

Returning here for another feline heartbreak :-(
One of our younger cats / daughter of the one we lost in January developed a limp and seemed unwell. Her right front leg wasn't working properly. After an x-ray the vet thinks is a tumour in the spine. We've been given some painkillers and some steroid tablets, but other than that the only option is a bl**dy expensive (vet's word, not mine) cat scan followed by chemo if they can tell what kind of cancer it is. Except that the scan might not be conclusive and there's a waiting list, so given the speed that this has developed with there's probably not really any point in going through with it.

The steroids have (temporarily) reversed the limp and she seems quite back to normal, but the vet has asked for daily reports so we're preparing for the worst.

tetsabb
1384921.  Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:01 am Reply with quote

Aww, Dix. My heart goes out to you.

Jenny
1384939.  Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:09 pm Reply with quote

It's so hard to lose a beloved pet.

Awitt
1385313.  Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:27 am Reply with quote

Yes, one of my local friends has had to have her Samoyed dog put to sleep today, he (the dog) was around 10, 11 years old I think and I saw a FB post this morning about it being the hips that failed, and he couldn't stand up any more.

It's a bit harder right now because we are back in lockdown for a few days and the friend has plenty of support from the FB comments, but we can't have visitors.

AlmondFacialBar
1385315.  Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:06 am Reply with quote

I'm going to a friend's birthday party tomorrow and once again I fear it's the last time I'll get to cuddle their ancient Belgian shepherd. That's the sucky thing about companion animals, having to say good bye so early and so often.

:-)

AlmondFacialBar

Big Martin
1385721.  Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:07 pm Reply with quote

A re-enacting friend has succumbed to the cancer he was diagnosed with last year. Not that old (40s) and leaves behind a wife and young(ish) son.

Awitt
1390274.  Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:21 am Reply with quote

Despite being in lockdown and church services online, there was a hurried email this morning from the office advising us of a fire in the op shop overnight. (not on the church premises)

Last year there was discussion over whether the shop would close due to others from larger charity chains in the shopping strip, and forced closure due to lockdowns.

The local railway station is also being rebuilt as part of the level crossing removal project, it is not yet known if the fire was accidental/electrical fault etc or deliberate (there are a few homeless in the area who use the church's food program, with more shops closing down there are more empty places)

AlmondFacialBar
1390353.  Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:58 am Reply with quote

Awitt wrote:
The local railway station is also being rebuilt as part of the level crossing removal project, it is not yet known if the fire was accidental/electrical fault etc or deliberate (there are a few homeless in the area who use the church's food program, with more shops closing down there are more empty places)

Why would anyone deliberately set a place on fire where they know they can get something to eat?

AlmondFacialBar

crissdee
1390392.  Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:06 pm Reply with quote

I fear it may be the non-homeless, trying to keep the needy away....

AlmondFacialBar
1390393.  Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:07 pm Reply with quote

crissdee wrote:
I fear it may be the non-homeless, trying to keep the needy away....

Yup...

AlmondFacialBar

Page 61 of 62
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 60, 61, 62  Next