View previous topic | View next topic

Dubbing

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2

JumpingJack
37546.  Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:47 pm Reply with quote

Yes.

Another (less hideous) game was to throw bread dipped in gin to the ducks and watch them waddle about pissed.

samivel
37578.  Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:29 pm Reply with quote

I've done that as well - pissed ducks are very funny

Amie
37965.  Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:53 pm Reply with quote

Is it true that if you feed ducks bicarbonate of soda on bread they explode?
My old english teacher claimed he used to nail their feet (whatever you call them) to the floor so he could watch them explode.. I somehow doubt it.

Caradoc
38025.  Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:16 pm Reply with quote

My friends father (can it be more appocrophal) served on board HMS Vanguard (our last battleship), the sailors had a particular dislike of seagulls & had a little game involving three lengths of fishing line & some bits of bacon rind, tie the line together tie bacon to the ends of each of the lines, throw bacon to seagulls & wait for the lines to go taut

ficklefiend
38760.  Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:41 pm Reply with quote

Amie wrote:
Is it true that if you feed ducks bicarbonate of soda on bread they explode?
My old english teacher claimed he used to nail their feet (whatever you call them) to the floor so he could watch them explode.. I somehow doubt it.

My dad tells a story that he used to fish for seagulls off the pier. It was sort of an amalgamation of the other stories here.

They used to pour bicarbonate of soda into bread, roll it up, stick it on a fishing line and throw it up in the air.

For my generations part, we did experiment with mustard and seagulls but all that ended with was a pier (even more than usually) covered in seagull poo.

gerontius grumpus
38877.  Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:10 pm Reply with quote

My dad used to tell me how he used to make Nitrogen tri-iodide with iodine crystals and ammonia. He used to put it on sugarlumps and when a fly landed on it the fly was blown up.

Frances
39121.  Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:08 pm Reply with quote

Sounds like a great way to get rid of the wasps in my garden - until the armed police squad arrived to sort out the gun battle.

gerontius grumpus
127045.  Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:40 pm Reply with quote

Sadly this subject didn't make it into the D series.
Shame I thought the discussion of wool from tups' scrotums would have been quite good.

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2