View previous topic | View next topic

graphology

Page 1 of 1

yuval
838717.  Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:28 pm Reply with quote

hello,

I saw one of the TV programs and they were talking about graphology. as a graphologist i think that your basic attitude to graphology (even if the psychologists union thinks that it's not effective) is wrong. a lot of researches made and checked it and the resaults were amazing - it's precise in 92%! the problem is that there are not professional graphologists that ruin the name of the profession.

i'll be more than happy to prove it.

sorry about my English, it's not my first language...

Yuval

Moosh
838720.  Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:55 pm Reply with quote

Can you provide references for some of this research please?

Posital
838731.  Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:21 pm Reply with quote

Can't see how it works - the typeface in everyone's posts appear the same. Oh - handwriting.

BTW - Welcome.

Strawberry
838733.  Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:37 pm Reply with quote

Hi; welcome to QI.

yuval
838744.  Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:23 pm Reply with quote

thanks a lot for your reply and nice welcome...

how it works? although the hand writing looks similar , it's never the same. you can always find differences among the people that the handwriting reflects.

the reaserches that i have are translated to my language, but you can find some information here:
http://graphicinsight.co.za/research.htm

our handwriting is reflection of our way of thinkng and feeling. you can try and check - the presure on the page (feel the page behind) is different among the people. why? because part of us are relax, other are under presure and a lot are between.

you can see easily if you organized or not through you handwriting - write 15 sentences with ballpoint pen and check - do you keep the margins? are they straight? do you leave space on the margins? do you keep the paragraphs visible? if yes, you probably organized person.

you can check a lot of things with the graphology. great tool. it took 4 years to study it, and its includes a lot of psychology (it based on a lot of theories like Yung, Adler, Maslow and more).

i'll try to find more researches.

good night,

Yuval

Jenny
838747.  Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:27 pm Reply with quote

Welcome Yuval :-)

CB27
838749.  Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:42 pm Reply with quote

I did a double take when I saw the name, my cousin once removed is called Yuval, but she's only 4, so I guess you're not her :)

I personally am of the opinion that graphology can be applied to many people to a certain extent, but I also think there is going to be a growing number of people who's style of writing is completely inconsistent. Whether it's because more people now have two or more languages they use on a regular basis, or the fact that so many use computers that they have little practice at handwriting, or other reason.

Zebra57
838781.  Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:36 pm Reply with quote

Welcome

sally carr
944277.  Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:03 am Reply with quote

I love writing with a proper fountain pen and have always wanted to have my writing analysed, just out of curiosity.

Neotenic
944278.  Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:06 am Reply with quote

I can save you the bother - any analysis will probably say something like this:

Quote:
You have a great need for other people to like and admire you. You have a tendency to be critical of yourself. You have a great deal of unused capacity which you have not turned to your advantage. While you have some personality weaknesses, you are generally able to compensate for them. Your sexual adjustment has presented problems for you. Disciplined and self-controlled outside, you tend to be worrisome and insecure inside. At times you have serious doubts as to whether you have made the right decision or done the right thing. You prefer a certain amount of change and variety and become dissatisfied when hemmed in by restrictions and limitations. You pride yourself as an independent thinker and do not accept others' statements without satisfactory proof. You have found it unwise to be too frank in revealing yourself to others. At times you are extroverted, affable, sociable, while at other times you are introverted, wary, reserved. Some of your aspirations tend to be pretty unrealistic. Security is one of your major goals in life

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forer_effect

Posital
944358.  Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:39 pm Reply with quote

Well - I'm left-handed and use a doctor's scrawl. But I do calligraphy with my right hand.

Analyse that!

Ooo - Neo's already done it. Good job... spot on!

tetsabb
948559.  Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:55 am Reply with quote

Quote:
Your sexual adjustment has presented problems for you

Wozzat mean?

CB27
948728.  Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:59 am Reply with quote

It means playing pocket billiards in public is not welcome in some places.

Alfred E Neuman
948746.  Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:40 pm Reply with quote

CB27 wrote:
It means playing pocket billiards in public is not welcome in some places.

How picky!

Page 1 of 1