Goto page 1, 2  Next

Should I buy a new Mug?
Yes
66%
 66%  [ 4 ]
No
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
Would ye ever just feck off with yerself and yer First World problems?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

AlmondFacialBar
1081332.  Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:43 am Reply with quote

So it would appear that the lid of my office mug has boinged away into nooks and crannies unknown and disappeared forever. As that means lukewarm coffee for most of the day the time has thus come to invest into a new one. Only prob is... Iím fond of this mug, and of course we all know that as soon as I buy a new one the lid of the old one will magically pop out of the cosmic wormhole where itís currently suspended, leaving me with two mugs, one of which will undoubtedly of much inferior quality to the one currently standing in front of me and which I strictly speaking donít need. So Ė survey: Should I buy a new thermal mug or shouldnít I? #firstworldproblems

:-)

AlmondFacialBar

NinOfEden
1081337.  Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:47 am Reply with quote

Yes, buy a new one. If the old lid does turn up, then you'll have TWO! :-D

Spoilt Victorian
1081341.  Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:52 am Reply with quote

Why not go for the whole 'lifestyle change' and buy a can of Red Bull* instead of some coffee?
If the lid DOES turn up then just peel yourself off of the walls and go back to normal.

*other heart-attack-inducing beverages are available

AlmondFacialBar
1081342.  Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:58 am Reply with quote

As Red Bull tastes like refrigerated dog shite and doesn't even begin to lift my blood pressure that one is right out...

AlmondFacialBar

sally carr
1081343.  Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:58 am Reply with quote

Red Bull does nothing for me.

Spoilt Victorian
1081348.  Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:05 am Reply with quote

Vienna, sally... VIENNA ;)

sally carr
1081349.  Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:06 am Reply with quote

LOL

djgordy
1081359.  Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:21 am Reply with quote

AlmondFacialBar wrote:
As Red Bull tastes like refrigerated dog shite

And you made the comparison when, exactly?

Insulted mugs are available in various pound shops. I believe they are proced somewhere between 99p and £1.01.

Sits back and waits for the first person to point out that I said "insulted".

swot
1081364.  Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:42 am Reply with quote

"How DARE you call me fat?! I'm just built for extra coffee, bitch."

Celebaelin
1081365.  Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:51 am Reply with quote

Yes, get a new one - or drink an iced beverage against the heat - a certain outlet near me is offering iced mint mocha which doesn't sound repulsive tbh

swot
1081366.  Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:56 am Reply with quote

Quote:

Sits back and waits for the first person to point out that I said "insulted".

...didn't spot that.

Pft, well, you also typed 'proced', so....ha

PDR
1081367.  Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:03 am Reply with quote

sally carr wrote:
Red Bull does nothing for me.

It does nothing much for Sebastian Vettel these days, either.

One potential solution AFB - take your existing coffee mug with you when you sally forth (as t'were) to purchase its replacement. Many of the offered products are based on a standard set of mopuld tools, so it is not inconceivable that after a couple of weeks^h^h^h^h^h hours of searching you will find a new mug whose lid fits your existing one, giving you the best of both worlds.

PDR

AlmondFacialBar
1081371.  Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:29 am Reply with quote

In the mean time my co-worker across the partition heard my lid associated wailing, somewhat like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lccMNQxCmOc&feature=kp&app=desktop

She was good enough not to resort to immediate homicide, but instead bent down and... Lo and behold... The thing on the floor she had thought was part of her desk (well it is office furniture grey) turned out to said lid. Praise the Lord! And no, the universal design thing wouldn't have worked in this case as it's an Aladdin Aveo:

Oh lid, oh lid, I have thee back!

AlmondFacialBar

Big Martin
1081372.  Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:37 am Reply with quote

Glad your lid's back AFB. I wouldn't have to go and buy one, I've got a large supply of the things at home and the company has switched to insulated mugs, from normal china jobs, for its promotional handouts, so there's always some of them lying around in work.

AlmondFacialBar
1081373.  Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:40 am Reply with quote

I've five thermal mugs in my kitchen press, but the problem is that they all suck.

AlmondFacialBar

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next