View previous topic | View next topic

Need help!

Page 1 of 9
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

strawhat
1091991.  Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:49 am Reply with quote

It's been a little while since I posted due to work. Now that work is over, I have an interview for a job that I would really like on Tuesday! Apart from reading up on relevant things, I have an Excel test as part of it. It's 15 minutes long and I don't have the foggiest on what'll be on it. I assume there be some basic table building and writing of simple sums, but if anyone has done one before or has them as part of their works interview process please let me know what to expect!

'yorz
1091994.  Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:11 am Reply with quote

I'd say google 'job interview Excel test' and there are plenty of results.

I came across this.

Starfish13
1091999.  Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:21 am Reply with quote

It might possibly be a little bit of data entry - creating a table and correctly identifying different fields for the data from information given - and presenting it in a more readable format by choosing a style, aligning cells, wrapping text, formatting cells etc. Then some simple calculations; totals, averages and so on.

'yorz
1092310.  Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:49 pm Reply with quote

Something very odd and annoying.
I uninstalled a few programs that I must have accumulated today, and FFS they're back again. At some point a program loudly popped up out of its own accord. I never clicked on it.
This really pisses me orf.

tetsabb
1092313.  Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:53 pm Reply with quote

Indeed, 'yorz.
I blame gremlins.
Do you know an exorcist?

'yorz
1092315.  Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:55 pm Reply with quote

Yes. I think I will take him up on his offer to keep my head from turning owl-like and shouting obscenities.

I've got a hunch the culprit is a program called FreeSoftToday 013,118.
No idea what it's for. I uninstalled it and it's back, and I think the others (that I uninstalled for a second time) were dragged back along with it. Could be wrong, of course.

I've been trying to uninstall FST for half an hour now, and I keep getting a message saying that I have to "wait until the current program is finished uninstalling". There IS no current program uninstalling.

Efros
1092320.  Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:23 pm Reply with quote

It's spyware/adware and requires a fairly rigorous removal procedure.

http://malwaretips.com/blogs/freesofttoday-virus-removal/

bemahan
1092536.  Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:50 am Reply with quote

Hub, bemad. and I have got to be at Bedford Road, East Finchley area, by 9.45am tomorrow morning. We would normally drive from Oxford to Ickenham and then take the tube when we go into London. However, because of the time, travel cards alone will cost a small fortune.
Anyone have suggestions as to the best way to get there? Driving is an option but we have no sat nav and, due to the nature of the appointment, I should like us to get there in a relaxed state!
Thank you!

'yorz
1092539.  Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:14 am Reply with quote

bem, I would urge you to invest in a satnav. I saved up for a simple Garmin of about 80, which has helped me out on several occasions already. Oh, and you get free updates*.

PS: if you do decide to buy one, steer clear of funny-haha famous people's voices who try to direct you. The 'jokes' are getting repetitive PDQ and up your tits. Fortuna, my guidess, only pipes up when really necessary and keeps quiet otherwise. Bliss. (NB: must not forget to hang a small sachet with chamomile from the rearview mirror).

* added: of the software

Last edited by 'yorz on Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:53 am; edited 1 time in total

Efros
1092543.  Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:27 am Reply with quote

Fortuna, imperatrix mundi?

'yorz
1092545.  Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:31 am Reply with quote

You're talking epic music, Efros? :-)

cnb
1092546.  Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:36 am Reply with quote

bemahan wrote:
Hub, bemad. and I have got to be at Bedford Road, East Finchley area, by 9.45am tomorrow morning. We would normally drive from Oxford to Ickenham and then take the tube when we go into London. However, because of the time, travel cards alone will cost a small fortune.
Anyone have suggestions as to the best way to get there? Driving is an option but we have no sat nav and, due to the nature of the appointment, I should like us to get there in a relaxed state!
Thank you!

I'd suggest driving to Barnet and getting the tube from there. As it's only a short journey in the outer zones the tickets are much cheaper than Travelcards - 4 or so return for adults. That section of the M25 isn't too bad in the morning going clockwise.

High Barnet station is easy to get to from the M25 even without sat nav: leave at J24, go towards Potters Bar, turn left at the first traffic lights onto the A1000, follow this road for a couple of miles through Barnet, the station is on the left just after a pedestrian crossing on a part of the road with dense trees on the left hand side.

Alfred E Neuman
1092552.  Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:22 am Reply with quote

Can't you use google maps on your phone as a quick and easy sat nav? Just make sure you've got enough charge or have a car charger cos it drains your battery, and then you can't phone for directions either.*

The other thing to avoid is standing at a urinal in a crowded pit stop at the bottom of the Kei Cuttings, with your phone still navigating from your pocket, and as you get started, she advises you in a loud and clear voice to continue straight ahead.

I am slightly concerned about what pagetheoracle is going to make of that anecdote.

* Don't ask me how I know that, but I will say that the petrol station owner who took his personal charger out his car and let me use it on condition I dropped it on my way back will always have my appreciation.

crissdee
1092595.  Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:17 am Reply with quote

I would concur. My mate lives in Barnet, and parking can be a little awkward at times but rarely impossible. There is even some parking at the underground station itself as I recall.

barbados
1092602.  Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:49 am Reply with quote

bemahan wrote:
Thank you!

The three terms in bold are not usually associated with driving into London at the time mention

Page 1 of 9
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next