QI Members' Blogs and Websites

Page 33 of 35
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34, 35  Next

Jenny
1154495.  Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:09 pm Reply with quote

It's not up there yet swot.

swot
1154497.  Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:13 pm Reply with quote

It's up there for me, and since there have been over 100 views, 'tis working for a lot of other people. Perhaps it's not working for you because of your location, although since we're trying to reach as many people as possible I can't think why they'd have set it up like that.

Maybe you could enter 'Unitour Cambridge' into the search bar and see what happens.

Jenny
1154501.  Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:20 pm Reply with quote

For some reason, most of the first minute is silence, which as the visual says "the broadcast starts at 9:30, stay tuned" was a bit confusing! However, having forwarded it further on, I can hear it now. No visuals though.

swot
1154504.  Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:29 pm Reply with quote

Ah, I can explain. Presumably for simplicity's sake, the recording (and therefore, the live broadcast) was audio only. The first minute or so is not silent, as you might discover if you turned the volume up ridiculously; the conductors wanted to do their normal presentations to the audience, even though we couldn't see them, so they turned towards the microphones and introduced each piece as normal. I thought this was a lovely idea until I heard the recording later and found out that they hadn't been standing close enough to the microphones for them to have picked up their voices. Presumably the man doing the recording didn't want to disrupt a live broadcast by pointing this out, so they went ahead and introduced each piece (without doing their customary 'part two of the double act' gag when one twin handed over to the other, since, what with it being an audio only affair, nobody would be able to tell that they were twins or that they had swapped, because they sound the same). I don't know why these introductions weren't edited out of the final video, but I would guess that it would have taken too long, as the video needed to be up on youtube an hour or so after recording. The picture changes every so often, but not often enough to convince you that it's working during the quiet introductions to the pieces.

swot
1154505.  Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:40 pm Reply with quote

So....what do you think of Killing Me Softly With Your Hot, Sexy Flashdance?

JivviWesty
1159185.  Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:08 pm Reply with quote

Me again! Written a lot since last time but heres todays for International Mens day https://jackzivvi.wordpress.com/2015/11/19/calling-international-mens-day-rescue/

feel free to look at other posts you get to see my hilarious age gap bf :)

Jenny
1159466.  Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:55 pm Reply with quote

That was a good post Jivvi. Sorry you've been going through all the other stuff xx

AspiringElf
1162405.  Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:36 pm Reply with quote

Dear all

I have enjoyed looking at the sites and blogs listed on this thread.

May I mention my site? It's this Wordpress site. Its most interesting pages are perhaps this one (with the more interesting stuff down towards the bottom of the page) and this one (which is about The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy).

Awitt
1164864.  Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:45 am Reply with quote

My website for my new business.

http://www.thecataloguedoctor.com.au/

swot
1177398.  Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:50 am Reply with quote

It's that time of year again! (or it will be in Saturday)
https://www.la1tv.co.uk/player/149/407

^that's the link for the UniBrass live stream. My band (Cambridge) will be playing at around 10 am. We're going to be awesome. And we're going to beat Oxford, because they suck.

JivviWesty
1179478.  Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:50 pm Reply with quote

Just popped on to say that my blog has been deleted. I wouldn't want anyone to worry if they noticed, all is fine. :)

Jenny
1179562.  Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:18 pm Reply with quote

Thanks for letting us know Jivvi - I'd have been worried otherwise.

JivviWesty
1179565.  Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:23 pm Reply with quote

Jenny wrote:
Thanks for letting us know Jivvi - I'd have been worried otherwise.

I know :) you are very kind like that. Thanks Jenny.

swot
1186181.  Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:32 am Reply with quote

swot wrote:
It's that time of year again! (or it will be in Saturday)
https://www.la1tv.co.uk/player/149/407

^that's the link for the UniBrass live stream. My band (Cambridge) will be playing at around 10 am. We're going to be awesome. And we're going to beat Oxford, because they suck.

They suck SOOOOOOO MUCH!

Anyway, the performances have been prettied up* and it's been made easier to skip to individual performances. this is Cambridge's effort. I would also highly recommend listening to Queen's (Belfast), and to Warwick if you're just mad about puns. For some reason to sound quality isn't brilliant here, but the problem might be our speakers or the dreadful internet connection here in the village.

*by which I mean the bits that weren't broadcast live because the connection failed have been edited in so it all works

swot
1186182.  Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:58 am Reply with quote

Also Nottingham. You MUST listen to Nottingham. I love Home of Legends (their opener).

Page 33 of 35
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34, 35  Next