View previous topic | View next topic

QI Members' Blogs and Websites

Page 1 of 29
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Moosh
824563.  Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:39 pm Reply with quote

96aelw wrote:
It's not a new song or anything, but I've managed to get one of my offerings on a podcast, which I was terribly chuffed to discover. Behold! (Mine's the second one).

Missed this the first time round but after a second one of Alf's songs was included this week the connection clicked in my head. Well done!

96aelw
824653.  Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:17 pm Reply with quote

Ta muchly, sir.

AnneB
824857.  Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:56 pm Reply with quote

96, your songs are the bomb.

Here's yesterday's hike.
http://anneboleson.wordpress.com/2011/06/17/on-mt-desert-island-with-popovers/

Jenny
825077.  Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:28 am Reply with quote

Sounds like a wonderful day, Anne. What, exactly, is a popover?

AnneB
825123.  Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:22 pm Reply with quote

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Popover

Sadurian Mike
825154.  Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:59 am Reply with quote

Baby yorkshire puddings!

Ian Dunn
825259.  Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:14 pm Reply with quote

This weekend I've been at an anime convention in Middlesbrough (Nemacon) where I took part in an Anime Music Video contest. An AMV consists of any song and then making a music video for it using various clips from one or more anime shows.

I failed to win the contest but got an honourable mention because people thought it was funny.

The song is "A Song of Patriotic Prejudice" by Flanders and Swann (a song that was used as Alan's buzzer in the "England" episode). The anime is Hetalia: Axis Powers, a comedy covering the war and various other bits of history, where all the characters are stereotyped personifications of countries, of which England is one.

Video

Jenny
825279.  Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:08 pm Reply with quote

That popover does look amazingly like a baby Yorkshire pudding, though we usually eat ours with roast beef and gravy.

Nice video Ian - I've shared that one to Facebook :-)

nitwit02
825309.  Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:52 pm Reply with quote

Splendid video Ian!

Ian Dunn
825328.  Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:15 am Reply with quote

Thanks nitwit02.

Ian Dunn
825373.  Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:06 am Reply with quote

I've just learned that Nemacon made the papers. It was a centre-page spread in The Independent and a post in MSNBC's PhotoBlog. Other images can be found at Getty Images.

swot
825511.  Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:20 pm Reply with quote

Thank you Jenny :)

PROMS! The highlight of the University of Lancaster Music Society's concert series. This year's concert takes place on the 25th of June at 7pm in the Great Hall, Lancaster University. The show should last unitl around 9.30pm. It will feature myself playing timpani in the Brass Band, Orchestra and opening fanfare, along with many musicians:

Main ensembles: Brass Band, Wind Band, Orchestra, Choir, Big Band and Swing Group

Small ensembles: String Quartet, Sax Quartet, Brass Quintet, Trombone Playing Gentleman's Club, Flute Choir and Barber/Barbieshop group.

The concert features an array of talent from hard-working students, and finishes with a rousing rendition of the BBC Last Night of the Proms favourites Henry Wood's 'Fantasia on British Sea Songs', 'Jerusalem' and 'Land of Hope and Glory'.

Unlike the BBC Proms, the concert features different genres of music, although there is still some classical. There will also be swing numbers and some rock, albeit played by wind and brass instruments.

Tickets cost 10 for adults and 6 for concessions (under 18, over 65, students) and can be ordered from www.ulms.org.uk/concerts (you'll get an email saying you must pick them up on the day i.e. the daytime, but I don't think anyone would mind if you picked them up in the evening.

Parking is free, and there should be ample space. Try to park on the north side of campus to avoid getting unnecessarily lost. If you do get lost, there are large maps and very friendly students ready to point you in the right direction. Alternatively, take the train, then the bus. The x1 bus (direct from the train station to the university) stops running around 5pm, but the station is a short walk from the main bus stops on Common Garden street (which is closer to the train station than the bus station), from where you can catch a 2, 2A, 3 or 4, which will take you to the campus. Get off at the Chaplaincy Centre. The Great Hall is opposite and to the left of the bus stop (with your back to the stop). You can find a map here.

I hope at least one of you can come. It's going to be an awesome night :)

tetsabb
825557.  Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:32 pm Reply with quote

Sadly, dear swotling, I will not be able to get to that, though it sounds a most splendid evening in the offing.

swot
825571.  Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:33 am Reply with quote

It might be live streamed online. I'll keep you all updated.

strukkanurv
825602.  Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:13 am Reply with quote

Unedited video of my band, taken Friday night...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Fat0nes?feature=mhum

Page 1 of 29
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29  Next