View previous topic | View next topic

Egypt

Page 7 of 9
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

hassan el kebir
920840.  Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:28 am Reply with quote

I say, it's all jolly exciting this having a blog malarkey. It is telling me I now have three followers and one of those is indeed the forgetful 'yorz, another should be either Jenny or monz and the third doesn't belong to this site.

The stats also tell me that of the fourteen viewings there have been 8 are from the UK and 6 from Australia.

None of this resembles what I have been told by people I have let know about the blog. Where are the other couple of people who I told about it and the countries they live in? Modern technology flummoxes the hell out of me.

Jenny
920856.  Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:25 am Reply with quote

That's weird, hassan, because it should identify at least one of the viewings (mine) as being from the US.

hassan el kebir
920861.  Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:42 am Reply with quote

Ah, your comment has just arrived, Jenny. I have pressed the appropriate buttons, as asked, and now I have one whole comment showing.

Apparently, 3 people in the States have seen it so, I guess, you're one of those.

I'll get this all worked out in the end.

And yes, Dahl's choices of names are highly appropriate ones for geckos ;-)

monzac
920931.  Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:04 pm Reply with quote

hassan el kebir wrote:
I now have three followers and one of those is indeed the forgetful 'yorz, another should be either Jenny or monz and the third doesn't belong to this site.

The stats also tell me that of the fourteen viewings there have been 8 are from the UK and 6 from Australia.

An Aussie one is me :)

Perhaps you don't recognise me as being from this site.

CB27
920939.  Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:34 pm Reply with quote

Hmmm, never really bothered looking at the stats for my site (and having looked now I realise I need to write something new soon), but looking at the last 30 days alone, it's interesting to see that I could count 40 different countries where visitors have come from, that's amazing to realise.

Will check out your site a bit later Hassan, I'm just reading through a couple of others at the moment, but having read your posts here I'm really looking forward to it :)

hassan el kebir
921004.  Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:12 am Reply with quote

Well, all I can say is thank you to the above for having the remarkable good taste to read my ramblings not only on here but on another site, too.

The geckos say 'thanks', as well.

CB27
921036.  Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:16 am Reply with quote

Remember, no night time TV for them :)

bemahan
921051.  Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:04 am Reply with quote

You need to get them into some sort of bedtime routine. Failing that, can't you blow 'smoke' in their faces just before bedtime?

hassan el kebir
921090.  Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:56 pm Reply with quote

Blowing smoke in their faces doesn't work, all that happens is they giggle as the swear at each other.

I think CB may be have the right idea.

Oceans Edge
921107.  Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:45 pm Reply with quote

I shall add your rss feed to my reader at once :)

hassan el kebir
921186.  Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:24 am Reply with quote

OE, if I understood what you meant I'm sure I'd say thanks;-)

Oceans Edge
921322.  Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:02 pm Reply with quote

*smiles*

news readers :)

it's basically a way of subscribing to your posts - they get delivered to my newsreader whenever you post a new one. I do this for many magazines, blogs, news sites that I enjoy regularly. It saves me having to check a 100 or more websites to see if there is new content. I've forgotten what rss stands for off the top of my head, but you will see two links on the right hand side of your page (one for posts and one for comments) - all blog software provides a way for people to subscribe to posts. It's very helpful and useful tool.

hassan el kebir
921351.  Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:41 pm Reply with quote

Ah well, you live and learn. All these new things for me to learn about. Will I eventually cease to be a techno-twat?

Spud McLaren
921354.  Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:52 pm Reply with quote

Unfortunately, that's on a knife-edge. It only occurs at the point between the zones, one of which is where you're the sort of techno-twat who has no idea about the techno-stuff he has, and the other of which is where you're a techno-twat who has no idea (or concern) about anything else.

'yorz
921356.  Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:58 pm Reply with quote

He's techno-twat 1. I can safely say that, as I'm one as well. ;-)

Page 7 of 9
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next