View previous topic | View next topic

My favourite riddles

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Ameena
822075.  Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:37 pm Reply with quote

Oh so I was right with that one too then, when I said about it being some kind of "good" afterlife (since not all religions call theirs "Heaven" so I was trying to be more generic ;)). So that leaves the one about something that's the beginning and end of all things, the one about partners, and the one about screechers and growlers. Hrmm...I dunno, I thought my guess of "Nothing" for the first one might have been vaguely in the right direction. But you said I was close with "Fate" or "Time" so presumably that means it's at least some kind of abstract concept like that. I keep thinking "Luck" but that doesn't even fit with half of the riddle so I don't know why my brain keeps going on about it :P. And I presume "Feet" was wrong for the partner riddle. Hmm...I'm continuing to work on these but not come up with any amazing guesses yet ;).

steve greg
828218.  Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:22 am Reply with quote

answears

fire
a hour glass and a sundial
shadows
a bird of prey ate a powerful poison,then died. A big cat came and ate the dead bird of prey and also died. seven animals eat the dead cats and die as well.
heaven

a new very hard riddle

am a living thing,
cannot move, eat, talk or breathe
visible,
sometimes I will grow,
sometimes not,
cannot eat or drink,
I lie there,
can be as small as a grain of rice, to as big as a cannonball.

no one in my family can guess this one

Ameena
828294.  Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:25 pm Reply with quote

Hmm it's alive yet it doesn't do most of the things living things can do? Maybe it's some kind of fungus or bacteria or something? Or maybe it's only metaphorically alive...

steve greg
828377.  Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:30 am Reply with quote

it isnt a bacteria or fungus

keep trying!

beccause this one is very difficult(96% cannot answear the riddle) I will give you a clue if you like

Zebra57
828378.  Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:01 am Reply with quote

steve greg wrote:
it isnt a bacteria or fungus

keep trying!

beccause this one is very difficult(96% cannot answear the riddle) I will give you a clue if you like

coral

Posital
828379.  Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:03 am Reply with quote

[quote="pab"Thousands of moving parts can only be an hour glass or more popularly an egg-timer. A sundial has none.[/quote]There's a massive moving part on a sundial - it's the... earth!

Ameena
828411.  Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:29 am Reply with quote

Coral can be much bigger than a cannonball, though - you get whole reefs of the stuff. And it's not alive, 'cause it's crushed animal bones and stuff.

steve greg
828902.  Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:47 am Reply with quote

that is why the answear is not coral either because you cannot find this object bigger thana cannonball... very good guess though

Ameena
828927.  Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:10 am Reply with quote

I can't think of anything that's alive and yet doesn't do all this stuff that living things do - that sort of stuff is required to fit the definition of "alive" after all ;). Unless it's a picture of someone alive, or a film or something, in which case they'd appear to be moving, eating drinking, etc, but as it was just pixels on a screen it wasn't really real? But then, riddles don't tend to involve tech stuff but are more generic so that's probably not it. Plus a cinema screen is a bit bigger than a cannonball, as are most TV screens so that can't be it either, lol.

steve greg
829329.  Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:01 pm Reply with quote

it is a plant seed in germination stage

cinnamonbrandy
866425.  Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:01 pm Reply with quote

A person is trapped in a room with no windows, no doors or trapdoors, no skylights whatsoever. The only thing in the room is a table.

How does the person escape...?

cinnamonbrandy
866427.  Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:02 pm Reply with quote

Ok. also. also. also, tae, as well (to quote the Big Yin).

Find me an acre of land
between salt water and the sea's strand.

cinnamonbrandy
866429.  Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:03 pm Reply with quote

and. what IS the difference between a riddle and a question?

Sylvia
866516.  Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:35 am Reply with quote

cinnamonbrandy wrote:
and. what IS the difference between a riddle and a question?

Is this a riddle or a question?

Last edited by Sylvia on Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:11 am; edited 1 time in total

zomgmouse
866534.  Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:50 am Reply with quote

cinnamonbrandy wrote:
A person is trapped in a room with no windows, no doors or trapdoors, no skylights whatsoever. The only thing in the room is a table.

How does the person escape...?

He stands up on the table and jumps over the wall? You never said there wasn't a ceiling.

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next