View previous topic | View next topic

Synonyms & Anagrams

Page 1 of 1

Subwaytion
813028.  Wed May 04, 2011 1:13 am Reply with quote

Good afternoon,

My name is Nico, and I'd like to introduce a game. It is my game. It is called Synonyms and Anagrams and my friends and I find it quite enjoyable. (This says a lot, I'm sure, about my friends and I.)

The object is to invent a special kind of sentence of any length with one simple requirement: an anagram of one of the words in the sentence will be a synonym of another word (or, perhaps, group of words, if they are taken as a semantic unit).

Here are two examples.

A) "Mary quickly, crazily and without cause consumed the final bag of salt." (Salt - Last - Final)

B) "Who did it, and in what way ?" (Who - How - In What Way)

So, that's the game. I think it's a nice one.

Here are three sentences for you to play:

ONE "The teachers and students, after their long, hard day at school, in the middle of summer, had a heated discussion on the conservation of nearby native lands."

Subwaytion
813030.  Wed May 04, 2011 1:18 am Reply with quote

TWO "Her left arm was fine, but as she looked at her right, she saw that her bicep, elbow, forearm, hand, even under her fingernails...was black."

Subwaytion
813032.  Wed May 04, 2011 1:25 am Reply with quote

THREE "Mike's deaf child, his only child, copied the intricate and quick movements of his hands, and Mike felt a teardrop run down his face."

Sophie.A
820685.  Tue May 31, 2011 12:39 pm Reply with quote

FOUR "This is crap." (this - shit - crap) NOT referring to the game itself, by the way

Chris.H
836683.  Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:41 pm Reply with quote

FIVE "That email concerning cartography turned out to be spam".

Page 1 of 1