View previous topic | View next topic

Forum RSS feed

Page 1 of 1

JohnnyTheFox
792276.  Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:02 pm Reply with quote

Hi all

Just joined. A BIG QI fan. Also a big fan of my iPhone and RSS news readers. What would the chances be of a RSS news feed from the forum so I can read all the wisdom on the forum pages from my favourite gadget?

Any plans for this at all?

Posital
792318.  Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:26 am Reply with quote

We can but hope, with the long anticipated upgrade...

Bondee
793265.  Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:44 pm Reply with quote

How do, Johnny.

JohnnyTheFox wrote:
A BIG QI fan.

And a big Thin Lizzy fan, by any chance?

Ainee
793266.  Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:52 pm Reply with quote

Ainee waves hello to another Thin Lizzy fan!

JohnnyTheFox
793276.  Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:06 pm Reply with quote

Yes, a BIG, BIG, BIG Thin Lizzy fan! How did you guess?? Username I suppose :-)

A General Ignorance question - What or who was the band named after???

Bondee
793677.  Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:24 pm Reply with quote

JohnnyTheFox wrote:
Yes, a BIG, BIG, BIG Thin Lizzy fan! How did you guess?? Username I suppose :-)

Yep. Big fan here too! The Boys Are Back In Town is my favourite song EVER! I'm still intent on visiting Dublin so I can visit St Fintan's cemetary and pay my respects to Phil.

Quote:
A General Ignorance question - What or who was the band named after???

Tin Lizzie, a character from The Beano (Or was it The Dandy? My childhood is a long time gone!), who, in turn, was named after the nickname of the Ford Model T.

JohnnyTheFox
793960.  Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:24 pm Reply with quote

Points to Bondee!!!

<Putting on best Stephen Fry voice> Yes, the band was indeed named after The Beano character Tin Lizzie. The Lizzie was changed to Lizzy to avoid any copyright issues.

The 'h' was added to Tin to form 'thin' as they knew the Irish pronunciation of the word 'Thin' would remain as 'Tin'. So the correct pronounciation of the band's name is in fact 'Tin Lizzy'!

Have been to St Fintan's cemetary a few times now. It is really special. Hundreds of articles, personal possessions and messages have been left there over the years by fans. Philomena, Philips mother visits the grave every day. You must also see Philo's statue off Grafton street. In common with the Irish passion for giving nicknames to their statues in Dublin covered in an episode of QI, Philo's statue is named 'The Ace With The Bass'!

Page 1 of 1