View previous topic | View next topic

National No Bra Day is happening now!

Page 3 of 18
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Burgess Shale
790580.  Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:10 pm Reply with quote

Sadurian Mike wrote:
The lack of bra can often cause stiffness.

/checks posters name

/raises eyebrow

Yeeesss...

:p

And good work on making sure no-one ogled that woman you were walking behind. We need more gentlemen in the world like you...;)

Ainee
790581.  Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:12 pm Reply with quote

Seconded. I can never understand whether bras should be worn as tight on the rows of hooks, or looser, or why have rows at all? Bras are mystifying.

Edited to add that I was seconding Almond's post, but ok, yes, I shall Second Burgess's post too.

Now is that with or without the final 's? I ought to know this one...

Janet H
790582.  Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:16 pm Reply with quote

The alternate hooks are for when the elastic gets tired.

AlmondFacialBar
790583.  Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:21 pm Reply with quote

The rows make perfect sense actually, because if you don't adjust the backstrap you'll experience major slippage (I can only assume mother nature endowed in a more manageable way than me or you'd have experienced that in the mean time). For starters, as there are two inches between every size, you need the rows so a, say, 34 inch bra can be worn by a woman measuring exactly 34 just as much as by a woman measuring 35, not to mention the usual hormonal fluctuations that make some people (like me) grow and shrink like the moon.

:-)

AlmondFacialBar

Arcane
790587.  Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:51 pm Reply with quote

Janet H wrote:
As the owner of a bossom, I know that if I didn't wear a bra they'd be heading past me knees by now.
(J. ****. aged 51)

Very much agreed. A lot has to do with the size of them; I've always been towards being more full in the chest, even in my very slender days. I find it uncomfortable not to wear a bra; and the changes that one goes through when pregnant and breastfeeding if you are of the larger of bosom mean that really you must wear a bra. All the muscles in the world won't help you once you leave DD over the horizon!

As far as unnecesary bounceage that I was referring to; again, if you are large of chest, significant amounts of bounceage are actually uncomfortable for the owner, and also makes exercising difficult. Doing aerobics with your chesticals thudding around may be a joyous sight for some, but not for the person who owns them.

strawhat
790592.  Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:03 pm Reply with quote

Can I just say, the woman who sits at the front for two of my modules has clearly not bought a bra in the last say 4 years. It cuts a good half inch into her shoulder fat. Gah.

A good bra is something every woman should own. You can feel like a million dollars with a nice bra even on your worst days.

suze
790593.  Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:09 pm Reply with quote

NinOfEden wrote:
Do women with large breasts make more milk than women with smaller ones?

As I understand it, the answer to that is "no". But a larger breasted woman can hold more milk in her breasts - and so may be able to give her baby fewer but larger feeds than a smaller breasted woman.

sjbodell wrote:
Good point. I've actually bruised my husband due to bounceage and he was as happy as a pig in slop.

I'm guessing that this happened during marital intimacy. And actually, that would probably have to count as "vigorous exercise" and so women ought really to wear a bra for it! But hey, there are other factors at play here ...

Janet H wrote:
the info that I was nothing like the size I thought I was!

Every woman I know who has been properly measured in an upmarket lingerie store has found that she'd been wearing the wrong size. Which suggests to me that all those magazine articles which claim that 80% of women wear the wrong size are in fact true.

AFB wrote:
For starters, as there are two inches between every size

I'm not sure about Britain, but odd number sizes used sometimes to be available in North America. Not in every store by any means, and I suspect that they were discontinued for lack of sales.

Hanes (formerly Playtex; the Playtex name is now used only for tampons) do half cup sizes - "B and a half" is called "Nearly C", and so on. Again, possibly only available in North America.

(Playtex trivia. They also made the space suits used on the Moon.)

sjb
790618.  Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:46 am Reply with quote

AlmondFacialBar wrote:
But then bra sizes have gone to pots these days like all other sizes have, too. I have bras between 38D and 40E that all fit, and my bikini top is actually a mind-boggling 40G.

AlmondFacialBar

Yes, indeed! I've used this chart more than once since brands do tend to really vary in size the bigger they get.

Now, pray tell, where did you buy a 40G bikini top?!? I barely managed to find a one piece that actually covers my nipples without cutting my breasts into four breasts. Or as I call it, "four boob syndrome." Something like this.

Janet H
790621.  Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:02 am Reply with quote

....................and another thing learnt at the shop, a D cup isn't the same size on a 38" as a 42", for example. i.e. the cut sizes change with overall size, whilst retaing the same 'label'.

News to me!

AlmondFacialBar
790625.  Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:48 am Reply with quote

sjbodell wrote:
AlmondFacialBar wrote:
But then bra sizes have gone to pots these days like all other sizes have, too. I have bras between 38D and 40E that all fit, and my bikini top is actually a mind-boggling 40G.

AlmondFacialBar

Yes, indeed! I've used this chart more than once since brands do tend to really vary in size the bigger they get.

Now, pray tell, where did you buy a 40G bikini top?!? I barely managed to find a one piece that actually covers my nipples without cutting my breasts into four breasts. Or as I call it, "four boob syndrome." Something like this.

In La Senza, they have an amazing big boobs swimwear range. Not sure you have them stateside, though. Still, if you google something along the lines of Bikini Seperates D Cup (or whatever your size is), you should get feasible results.

AlmondFacialBar

'yorz
790691.  Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:19 am Reply with quote

I think women have to wear bras to conceal the fact that they have Nipples. Round, anonymous blobs are ok, but to actually show nipples at work is a no-no (what with changes in temperature etc). It's easier, as the males are less distracted., and are less prone to come up with stupid and puerile remarks.

Heavy bossoms do indeed cause stiffness. Before I had some boobflesh chopped off in the early 70s, I was severely suffering from backpain and stiff shoulders, sometimes even causing bloodblisters under the shoulder straps. Running to catch the bus was impossible, even with a bra on. And worst of all were the guys who were talking to my boobs instead of looking me into my eyes.

legspin
790753.  Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:14 am Reply with quote

Why is it all I can think of is...?

Pictures or stfu

I want evidence for these claims with numbered diagrams, instructional charts and videos of real-time and slow-motion bounceage. Is that really too much to ask?

'yorz
790767.  Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:32 am Reply with quote

What's fun to watch for some, is painful to watch for others.

tetsabb
790790.  Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:00 am Reply with quote

I did not wear a bra on No-Bra Day

'yorz
790793.  Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:11 am Reply with quote

Did it hurt?

Page 3 of 18
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16, 17, 18  Next