View previous topic | View next topic

Cryptozoology

Page 1 of 1

Zebra57
755312.  Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:32 pm Reply with quote

Cryptozoology is a study and search for animals search long considered to be extinct or mythical.

QI is the Mokele Mbembe which some people believe to be a Sauropod type animal inhabiting the Congo Forest.

Other creatures studied include the Tasmanian Tiger, Bigfoot and the Loch Ness Monster.

Of all the creatures the Tasmanian Tiger seems to possibly have a chance to have survived. I would be interested in any insight from our colleagues down under.

scottydog
755454.  Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:18 am Reply with quote

I'm sure I read that the Mokele Mbembe is in fact a Rhino. Some continued to live in the congo forests left over from the times when those same places were savannah lands.

Researchers showed the local tribespeople, who uphold the myth, photographs of a Rhino and they (having never seen a Rhino) named this as the Mokele Mbembe.

The tribes believe they still exist which means if they do, then some left over Rhino's still inhabit the Congo Forests.

If the loch ness monster is/was indeed a Plesiosaur then I would suggest it certainly DID exist!

More discursive is that Bigfoot could well be a leftover story for a North American Mountain Gorrilla similar to Mokele Mbembe, as could the Yeti of Asia.

The Tasmanian Tiger has a similar validity to our own Big Cats, speak to a country dweller and they'll tell you they exist without doubt, but we're still waiting on any evidence as such.

Zebra57
755611.  Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:15 pm Reply with quote

The Congo Forest contains animals which zoologists say should be plains animals notably the Okapi and Forest Elephant, found to be a completely separate species from the African (Plains) Elephant.

Scottydog mentions the possibility that Mokele Mbembe is a relict rhino. This I believe is the most credible answer.

If you visit Loch Ness you find yourself wanting the monster to exist and suddenly pop out of the water by Urquhart Castle.

Page 1 of 1