View previous topic | View next topic

QI DVD talk

Page 1 of 1

brackett
32532.  Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:40 pm Reply with quote

Something interesting....

the QI dvd is in the top 100 current bestsellers for amazon.co.uk

sitting at number 65

Has anyone played it yet? It is quite fun.

UncaScroogeMcD
32535.  Sat Nov 19, 2005 2:01 am Reply with quote

It is tremendous fun, indeed... It manages to avoid most of the "artificial, pre-packaged" annoyance I normally get from these video-based quiz games... You actually do get the feeling that you are playing a one-man version of QI (although I do wish an Alan function was available... Perhaps a way to play against him might be fun - if you get a question wrong, Alan gets a shot, and so on until one of you gets the right answer... Sort of Sudden-Davies).

I'm featuring it prominently in our Holiday Shopping Guide.

JumpingJack
32536.  Sat Nov 19, 2005 2:19 am Reply with quote

An Alan element was (as you might expect) proposed at a very early stage in the planning of the QI DVD but someone at Universal (the original distributors) said they didn't want that.

Universal proved out-of-sync with the project in other ways. Slow to make up their mind on the deal, they were gazumped by the much more enthusiastic Warner Bros.

The whole thing moved at breakneck speed and when it was later remarked that it was pity that Alan wasn't involved, Warner Bros whole-heartedly agreed. As he had already been crossed off the list when the idea was at Universal, in the rush to get everything done no one had ever suggested it to them.

Next time, we hope.

UncaScroogeMcD
32540.  Sat Nov 19, 2005 3:31 am Reply with quote

Well, I can say without a doubt that I look forward to exploring another release, should it happen.

BTW, Jack, lemme know when a good time is to ring you up...

dotcom
32571.  Sat Nov 19, 2005 6:27 am Reply with quote

It's on my Christmas list (:

Pyreo
34936.  Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:46 pm Reply with quote

I got it today and I'm looking forward to showing off any previously undiscovered QI knowledge I have to my friends and family.

(PS. Thank you Jack!)

(PPS. Where did you say those 'hateful little smart-arse' badges came from?)

JumpingJack
34940.  Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:51 pm Reply with quote

Hi Pyreo,

Glad you got the thing.

I think you have to solve the game, get the password and go online with it to get the badge.

They're going to waste rather, in the meantime.

Maybe we can get them to let us sell some in the QI Shop...

kid
35529.  Sun Nov 27, 2005 4:47 pm Reply with quote

I have completed the DVD and solved the anagram. I have filled in the form on website but still haven't been sent a password, this was a week ago.

JumpingJack
35611.  Sun Nov 27, 2005 7:53 pm Reply with quote

Sorry, kid. Must be a glitch somewhere.

I will email the administrator on your behalf right now.

Page 1 of 1