Moon Landings a hoax?

Page 3 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Zebra57
749956.  Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:09 pm Reply with quote

It is a conspiracy.

exnihilo
749976.  Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:16 am Reply with quote

I'm not that surprised by the figure, to be honest. I've met plenty of people over the last few years who would believe almost any cover-up possible of the US government and who treat their every word and deed with contempt and suspicion. As for the dates part of the questionnaire, well, you only need to teach one history class to see how woefully uninformed people are on when things happened.

On balance, I'd be inclined to accept that the survey - carried out by a reputable firm and published in a reputable journal - represented a not too inaccurate cross-section of the public rather than simply rely on something as scientific as my own gut feeling that it must be wrong.

Neotenic
749981.  Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:14 am Reply with quote

The thing I usually find most remarkable about consipracy theorists is that they usually manage to simultaneously hold the positions that governments are capable of incredibly complex deceptions on a truly vast scale, but also that they're so incompetent at the normal business of governing that they would utterly incapable of fighting their way out of a paper bag with a high pressure fire hose at their disposal.

soup
750008.  Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:09 am Reply with quote

Sadurian Mike wrote:
How else do explain the sudden disappearance of the naughty golliwogs and the appearance of naughty goblins instead.

It's PC gorn mad !!!

;o)

bobwilson
750381.  Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:25 pm Reply with quote

Neotenic wrote:
The thing I usually find most remarkable about consipracy theorists is that they usually manage to simultaneously hold the positions that governments are capable of incredibly complex deceptions on a truly vast scale, but also that they're so incompetent at the normal business of governing that they would utterly incapable of fighting their way out of a paper bag with a high pressure fire hose at their disposal.

Put another way - people are stupid. Or as I keep saying - democracy, shit it.

bombmaniac
751905.  Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:34 am Reply with quote

yup. let's reinstate hitler and stalin.

as for the moon landing being a hoax, i suggest you all watch the mythbusters episode concerning that particular load of bollocks.

mckeonj
751913.  Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:03 am Reply with quote

I am sure that the rescue of the Chilean miners can be shown to have been a hoax; by careful examination of the movie images, by the same methods used by the 'moon landings conspiracy' theorists.

gruff5
751953.  Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:33 pm Reply with quote

yeah, those smooth, un-Earthly mountains behind the drilling rig look suspiciously like the lunar ranges.

The TV film crews didn't go to Chile at all, it was filmed on the Moon and made to look like the Atacama desert!

Rubinsky
751976.  Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:15 pm Reply with quote

you might be unto something there.

We all know how very expensive the rescue supposedly was. For a fraction of the money you could stage it instead and bribe the families to keep silent about it; saves a lot of money.

We've got a motive and an opportunity here - I say we call it a conspiracy already and let others sort out some evidence!

Ion Zone
751993.  Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:15 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
who would believe almost any cover-up possible of the US government and who treat their every word and deed with contempt and suspicion

They've just apologised, very, very quietly, for committing this monstrosity.

That's right, infecting the mentally ill with STDs, and not nicely if it didn't work out the first couple of times. But, of course, both England and America are suspected of far worse bio-warfare test crimes, and America even of bombing its own ships to start wars.

tetsabb
752133.  Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:15 am Reply with quote

mckeonj wrote:
I am sure that the rescue of the Chilean miners can be shown to have been a hoax; by careful examination of the movie images, by the same methods used by the 'moon landings conspiracy' theorists.

I would just like to say that the Chilean mine rescue had me moved greatly. We were on night shifts Monday -Weds, and we have BBC News 24 running on one of our screens. So we were able to watch the first ones come out live. Unfortunately, when the last ones were being brought out, we were rather busy with a small herd of cattle who had broken through a fence onto the M25 at 0130!

I do think it goes to show that the human race is capable of remarkable feats of problem-solving when we put our minds to it. (The Chilean mine, rather than our cattle, though we sorted that quite quickly). Shame we don't do it more often.
I had a similar mix of emotions as I did as a 13-year old watching Apollo 13 come back -- relief, joy, and "Wow they did it"

Page 3 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3