View previous topic | View next topic

Who knows the questions?

Page 1 of 6
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Ian Dunn
740684.  Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:40 am Reply with quote

Stephen has since said on Twitter that the person who gets help is not Alan, nor is it Rob Brydon.

CB27
740725.  Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:47 am Reply with quote

What about Stephen himself?

cjp
740729.  Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:50 am Reply with quote

I think it's Rich Hall.

IMO, he never seems to even attempt to answer the questions but rather, appears to just try to be funny. So I could see him wanting to know the questions beforehand, so he can try to come up with something to at least contribute to the show in some way

YMMV

Totoro
741008.  Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:31 am Reply with quote

Whoever it is, I wonder if he (or she) will be ticked off if he/she is ever 'outed'? :)

vantheman
741136.  Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:31 am Reply with quote

My guess is Jimmy Carr. He's a very methodical comedian and contouring jokes to questions sounds very much part of his method. Alternate guess: David Mitchell.

Ian Dunn
742495.  Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:18 am Reply with quote

I doubt David Mitchell. I think that if he asked to look at questions before hand he would not appear on so many other panel games, especially if oher people inside the TV industry knew this is how he acted.

arnold08
742513.  Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:26 am Reply with quote

I think it's Alan. I can remember times when he managed to give a good answer about an obscure fact, or backed Stephen up when other panelists question the answer. If it's true, it may probably explain why Alan tends to be the one who strikes up deep conversations about the topic with Stephen, or at other times look (slightly) 'disinterested' at least compared to the first 2 seasons when he looked very enthusiastic and generally chatty, and set the klaxon off more often.

cjp
742527.  Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:00 pm Reply with quote

Stephen has already said it isn't Alan.

And I would doubt that it's Jimmy Carr. In all of his stand-up concerts over the years, he does a lot of interaction with the audience and it's usually the funniest parts of the show. So he's very good at quick on-your-feet bringin' the funny.

Has anyone considered Jo Brand? She always seems to have one of those 'husband' jokes at the ready...

Ian Dunn
742535.  Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:35 pm Reply with quote

cjp wrote:
Has anyone considered Jo Brand? She always seems to have one of those 'husband' jokes at the ready...

That's because all of her jokes about her husband. She can fit one into any situation.

Alfred E Neuman
742543.  Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:08 pm Reply with quote

cjp wrote:
Has anyone considered Jo Brand?

Has anyone considered Jo Brand's husband? :-)

Efros
742572.  Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:59 pm Reply with quote

Rich Hall I think would be a good bet, culturally the show must be very difficult for foreigners so some preparation would be excusable for him.

crissdee
745763.  Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:06 am Reply with quote

I beleive I know the truth of the matter, from a reasonably trustworthy source, but I don't want to put it in writing on an open forum. All I will say is that my guess would be Mr Carr.

Gluben
764365.  Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:36 am Reply with quote

It doesn't seem like it's Bill Bailey either:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/interviews/a290877/bill-bailey-dandelion-mind.html

rudifuller
907423.  Sun May 06, 2012 6:54 pm Reply with quote

Assuming this is not a wonderfully crafted self-developed piece of social media genius to vastly up the on-line chatter... and I won't name names in case that's not the done thing, but I just watched an episode where one member had the first ad-lib to virtually every question and at no stage did the camera pan to Mr Fry laughing, whereas for everyone else it did.

My theory perhaps flawed is the entrant that is doing this is doing to maximise their own brand during screen time and not have any qualms about slightly bending the rules doing so. It has nothing to do with winning the show.

My candidate who I recently saw in Kingston doing a charity crisp thing appeared to me to have abnormally black died hair, black died eyebrow and it looked so strange it could have even been black died eyelashes daylight is so revealing). So On TV he looks quite normal but under the surface a generous bit of tinkering is going on.

If it is him, initially my thought was the guy needs crucifying!

rudifuller
907424.  Sun May 06, 2012 6:56 pm Reply with quote

crissdee wrote:
I beleive I know the truth of the matter, from a reasonably trustworthy source, but I don't want to put it in writing on an open forum. All I will say is that my guess would be Mr Carr.

apologies for being 2 years behind the story but my thoughts exactly

Page 1 of 6
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next