View previous topic | View next topic

Inaccessible Places

Page 2 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

sjb
767259.  Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:30 am Reply with quote

Bob, you have to stop building up Coventry to me or I may have to move there straight away rather than waiting 'til next September!

Truth be told, there's a slightly better chance I'll live in Kenilworth or thereabouts. But I'll still get to enjoy all the wonders that Coventry has to offer!

bobwilson
767261.  Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:40 am Reply with quote

Sj - there's more - there's much more. Tis a place I know too well - and particularly the eejits that run the place. Corrupt is too small a word - and I fully intend to see all but 3 of them imprisoned.

sjb
767264.  Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:49 am Reply with quote

Well, carp on a salmon and paint me mauve! That's my kind of town!

::packs a suitcase::

bobwilson
767267.  Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:59 am Reply with quote

I look forward to your being "on the spot" - (you'll be disappointed in Kenilworth - Leamngton's a better bet)

sjb
767268.  Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:04 am Reply with quote

That sounds a bit as though you can't wait to see me suffer what surely awaits me!

Leamington's on the list of possibilities--we shall see.

bobwilson
767269.  Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:09 am Reply with quote

Don't take my word for it - have a chat with the Cov Uni and Warwick Uni students.

Ainee
767324.  Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:42 am Reply with quote

Neotenic wrote:
Inaccessible Island, St Helena has to be a contender.[/url]

Nooooo! I saw a white boat at 4 o'clock on the beach... Or it could be a shipwreck, or a sunbathing walrus...

Wow, and I have friends living on St Helena; it is a swampy strange place: Maglan, Princess Dinizulu, an Angel who told me fairystories when she babysat for me when I was 9. I was later able to book her to sing at one of my Festivals in Saffron Walden. I cannot find her on Google now...

It is a small world, but it is scary to find info inaccessible on the Internet...

Ainee

Jaster
767530.  Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:28 am Reply with quote

Which Inaccessible Island ?

there are 2 (or 3)
1 Near St Helena
1 Near Scott base Antarctica
1 group in the South Orkneys ....

Bondee
767533.  Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:36 am Reply with quote

Jaster wrote:
Which Inaccessible Island ?

Neotenic wrote:
Inaccessible Island, St Helena has to be a contender.

Let us know if you want another clue.

samivel
767542.  Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:17 am Reply with quote

OOOH, get you!

Leith
767744.  Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:18 pm Reply with quote

sjbodell wrote:
That sounds a bit as though you can't wait to see me suffer what surely awaits me!

Leamington's on the list of possibilities--we shall see.

I lived in Leamington for a few years a while back, and quite liked it there. It's an attractive regency town with some nice parks and decent selection of shops, bars and restaurants, and reasonably convenient for Warwick and Warwick Uni. Warwick itself has some nice parts, also. Kenilworth and Coventry made little impression on me (I didn't spend much time in either).

Hope you find somewhere you like, anyway.

sjb
767748.  Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:11 pm Reply with quote

Excellent! I know my husband hopes to work in the video game industry in/around Leamington, so perhaps it should be bumped up to first choice. :)

Leith
768186.  Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:46 am Reply with quote

The computer games industry seems to have really taken off in Leamington since I first lived there. Back then, I think CodeMasters were still a fairly small company at the south end of town, making budget games for the ZX Spectrum. They seem to be well on the way to world domination now :)

Leith
768187.  Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:46 am Reply with quote

As for inaccessible places, if you're wanting to drive to the city of Iquitos, you'd best be starting from Nauta, and if you want to drive to Nauta, you have little option but to start from Iquitos. Neither is connected to the rest of the Peruvian road network.

Iquitos is, however, accessible by boat from the Atlantic, a journey up the Amazon of over 2000 miles. I imagine this must make it the farthest inland port of its size in the world.

Starfish13
771799.  Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:39 pm Reply with quote

Spud McLaren wrote:
Clue's in the title... The Inaccessible Pinnacle.

The InPin is usually the last munro that baggers achieve, as it is the only one that cannot be summited without climbing. Three sides are near vertical faces, and the other an exposed knife-edge ridge.

Page 2 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next