View previous topic | View next topic

Inaccessible Places

Page 1 of 3
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

plinkplonk
738735.  Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:51 am Reply with quote

There are a number of inaccessible places in London, like Little Compton Street, which can now be seen under a grille.

(Removed later: A bad link to a picture)

There is also believed to be an old street under Oxford Street's HMV when the river was higher-the Victoria High Street. It can be reached (or some of it can) by a hole under Selfridges apparently. There was also a Tiger Street, which was always underground so is probably best described as a subway situated in the Tiger Club (now gone).


Last edited by plinkplonk on Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:24 pm; edited 4 times in total

 
Sadurian Mike
738736.  Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:52 am Reply with quote

I love the fact that your link is inaccessible (only due to faulty formatting, mind).

 
plinkplonk
738740.  Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:58 am Reply with quote

I was trying to format it when you replied. Couldn't you have given me a minute?

 
Sadurian Mike
738746.  Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:07 am Reply with quote

You know this place. Show no mercy.

 
djgordy
738761.  Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:38 am Reply with quote

The most inaccesible place is that bit on your back which really itches but is too low down if you try to reach it from the top and too high up if you try to reach it from the bottom.

 
Neotenic
738766.  Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:58 am Reply with quote

Inaccessible Island, St Helena has to be a contender.[/url]

 
Jenny
738788.  Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:52 am Reply with quote

djgordy wrote:
The most inaccesible place is that bit on your back which really itches but is too low down if you try to reach it from the top and too high up if you try to reach it from the bottom.


I have one of these for that purpose:

 
Spud McLaren
738853.  Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:34 pm Reply with quote

Clue's in the title... The Inaccessible Pinnacle.

Also Skellig Michael and Rockall, although these probably belong more properly on the islands thread.

 
Spud McLaren
738856.  Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:52 pm Reply with quote

Anywhere you want to get to in Stoke-on-Trent.

All the places you don't want to get to are easily accessible. But not the one you want, whatever it is.

 
Sadurian Mike
738872.  Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:53 pm Reply with quote

Coventry.

Whoever put up the roadsigns evidently had the attention span of a newt. Whoever made the road plans had the planning ability of a newt. Whoever decided not to label junctions from the ringroads had the brains of a newt

 
Posital
738891.  Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:43 pm Reply with quote


Possible location of the Arc of the Covenant... no entry...

 
tetsabb
739063.  Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:26 am Reply with quote

In my younger days I knew* a few young women who were totally inaccessible to me.
<Sniff>

*Perhaps to be more accurate, I did not know them

 
Jenny
739075.  Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:47 am Reply with quote

tetsabb wrote:
In my younger days I knew* a few young women who were totally inaccessible to me.
<Sniff>

*Perhaps to be more accurate, I did not know them


Or at any rate, not in the biblical sense.

 
Spud McLaren
739083.  Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:05 am Reply with quote

The Meteora monasteries

Also, somewhere more remote than the ShaoLin Temple,

 
sjb
766949.  Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:49 pm Reply with quote

Sadurian Mike wrote:
Coventry.

Whoever put up the roadsigns evidently had the attention span of a newt. Whoever made the road plans had the planning ability of a newt. Whoever decided not to label junctions from the ringroads had the brains of a newt


This has me quite worried for my impending move there. Perhaps I'll never make it!

 

Page 1 of 3
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are GMT - 5 Hours


Display posts from previous:   

Search Search Forums

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group