Page 4 of 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Lumpo31
101573.  Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:22 am Reply with quote

Tas wrote:
Quote:
Oh no...far worse than Spam...

Not possible....

(I got sent a lovely Spam advert the other day. Some wag had put on : "It's made from people. Spam is made from people!" I don't know how to put images onto here.)

:-)

Tas

Oh look, devon even has it's own Wiki page. Maybe now you'll believe me!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devon_(sausage)

Except that it tastes nothing like Bologna sausage - the contributor was far too kind to devon and obviously has an axe to grind about Bologna sausage!

I've seen that Spam thingy too. Most excellent. Because it's true.

Lisa

Jenny
101781.  Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:31 pm Reply with quote

Bologna sausage is truly disgusting.

BondiTram
101961.  Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:35 am Reply with quote

Not as bad as Andouillette I'll wager, but if I'm hungry I'll eat whatever's put before me.

Lumpo31
102123.  Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:25 am Reply with quote

BondiTram wrote:
Not as bad as Andouillette I'll wager, but if I'm hungry I'll eat whatever's put before me.

I was going to say that nothing comes close to devon, but having read the Wiki entry about Andouillette http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andouillette I stand corrected. I bet nothing comes close to that one. BondiTram, you are indeed brave to even go near that!

Lisa

BondiTram
102362.  Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:32 am Reply with quote

[quote="Lumpo31 BondiTram, you are indeed brave to even go near that!

Lisa[/quote]

When needs must. What about wichetty grubs then?

Lumpo31
102370.  Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:50 am Reply with quote

BondiTram wrote:

When needs must. What about wichetty grubs then?

What about them?

I come from Wollongong, not Woop Woop!

(that of course reminds me of an old NSW State Rail ad which went something along the lines of "Wagga Wagga, Woy Woy, Wee Waa, Woop Woop - the idea being that these, with the exception of Woop Woop, were all places you could travel to by NSW State Rail trains).

Lisa

simonp
198385.  Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:53 am Reply with quote

WordLover wrote:

AndyE wrote:
it would appear that the allegation is in fact correct - the only place in England where one can be four miles from a road is on Dartmoor.
Not so, if I haven't overlooked any salient roads. One question to settle is exactly what is meant by "road". It would appear that AndyE is not counting unclassified roads that are uncoloured on OS Landranger maps: his point near Ullapool, 575338N 45410W (NH279930, if I have calculated correctly) is fairly near various such roads, e.g. one that runs by NH284922. I will not count such roads, but I will count roads that are coloured on OS Landranger maps, even if they are unnumbered or unclassified.

AndyE wrote:
There are a couple of near approaches in the Kielder Forest of Northumberland, but the place to be would seem to be around 503933 N 35932 W.
SX592863, if I have calculated correctly. That's quite near my best point in Dartmoor:
SX594842, 7.19 km (4.47 miles) from:
SX523853, Dartmoor Inn, Lydford
SX648795, Ringhill, nr. Postbridge
SX662866, Batworthy

My best point in mainland England, though, is not in Dartmoor but in the Kielder Forest (thank you, AndyE, for suggesting a search there).

Ok, so Yes Tor may not be the farthest point from a road in England but, it is one of only two mountains in Devon, the other being High Willhays. I went to both yesterday, i was Devon's highest person!

Page 4 of 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4